Skip to content

R.I.P Gene Wilder

Made me laugh 'til I cried...

Comments

• I know what we'll be doing this weekend...laugh fest. ..throw in a bit of song.  Ompa lumpa.   He was fantastic in everything...
  • Brilliant as Wonka and other movies as well...RIP...

• Young Frankenstein, and Blazing saddles two of the funniest films ever.

A very talented fellow. 
  • Yup definitely a Wilder weekend coming up
  • edited August 2016

And the funny bits that weren't meant to be there

And with one of the hottest actresses of the day

• I can still remember seeing Stir Crazy when it came out at the cinema. Hard to forget Grossberger (Terror in Wanderers), even after all this time.

Not sure if The Producers ever screened in Aust.

RIP good man ...

• Mark said:

I can still remember seeing Stir Crazy when it came out at the cinema. Hard to forget Grossberger (Terror in Wanderers), even after all this time.

Not sure if The Producers ever screened in Aust.

RIP good man ...

Puttin' On The Ritz number from Young Frankenstein with Gene Wilder and Peter Boyle, I just had a look at again. Just is still so funny.

The Producers was screened In Australia and I screened it at a film society on 16mm, that I was involved in at Goulburn , N.S.W. It was a very funny film as were most of Gene's film comedies. Thank goodness all his work is available for us to still see.

• ''Pardon me, boy. Is this the Transylvania station? ''

''Ya, ya ... track 29. Oh, can I give you a shine?

From the very funny Young Frankenstein.

• David said:

And with one of the hottest actresses of the day

See no Evil, Hear no Evil was the best...  I'll have to watch this one again.  Interestingly I showed Young Frankenstein to my daughter and later caught her watching it on her own - just put the disc in herself.  She was sad too last night.

• I just love "The Young Frankenstein " . Will.watch it tonight.
  • edited August 2016
    Call me cynical but geeze the internet is suddenly awash with people effectively trying to make money off Gene Wilder's passing. Almost none of those same people have posted anything to celebrate his life as much as they have tried to cash in on his death.
  • Oh you mean the usually flooding of posters that seem to hit the market after someone karks it?

Surely you'd be used to this behaviour by now!

• I'm thinking this might be a good time to introduce the munchkins to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...so will see how we go Saturday afternoon!

Saturday night, an adults only screening of Young Frankenstein and Blazzing Saddles...it's TWUE, IT'S TWUE!

• Oh you mean the usually flooding of posters that seem to hit the market after someone karks it?

Surely you'd be used to this behaviour by now!

I should be but I am not.
  • Never seen young frankenstein and blazing saddles..will do now!!
  • edited August 2016

I'm thinking this might be a good time to introduce the munchkins to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...so will see how we go Saturday afternoon!

Saturday night, an adults only screening of Young Frankenstein and Blazzing Saddles...it's TWUE, IT'S TWUE!

it's TWUE, IT'S TWUE!

Cracked me up..my children say that...then i started to sing it to them when they said it....now they sing it to me! Its Twue, its twue..its tweu!! 
  • David said:
    Call me cynical but geeze the internet is suddenly awash with people effectively trying to make money off Gene Wilder's passing. Almost none of those same people have posted anything to celebrate his life as much as they have tried to cash in on his death.

It's true that this happens but also true that sellers invariably get asked for lists of items that they have when someone passes away. I had three requests for Gene Wilder posters directly through ebay and responded. I know at least one other seller who posts on the forum who would have had the same requests and listed multiple items. The same thing happened when David Bowie passed away. I had many requests for posters from his films.

I think it would be a bit ridiculous to ignore peoples requests wouldn't it?
  • John said:

I did not mention anything about requests or even say one should ignore people's requests, why infer I did?

I just noted the ambulance chasers, always seems to me very distasteful - sad.
  • David said:
    John said:

I did not mention anything about requests or even say one should ignore people's requests, why infer I did?

I just noted the ambulance chasers, always seems to me very distasteful - sad.
    I was just making the point that when you see someone add some listings for someone who has just passed away, you don't really know whether the seller is responding to requests or not.
  • edited September 2016
    Come on John, you know exactly what I was talking about - my statement was not about someone sending a dealer a personal request for information. When someone requests something from me I respond to that person in person, I don't plaster the reply all over the internet.
  • This is where there is a big difference between dealing on ebay and dealing through a personal website and that is the point I am making. ebay takes a hard line on people trying to circumvent their fees and do business outside the site when the initial contact has been through ebay.

If someone sends a request through ebay to ask what you have on a particular genre or subject you don't get their email address. You can only respond through ebay message services. If you get a request through ebay, you have to go ahead and list the posters on ebay. You can't send them a list with prices. That's a sure way of getting suspended.

I understand where you are coming from with the ambulance chasers but, on ebay, some of these sellers may be just responding to requests.

• edited September 2016
    Again, mine was general note about the fact there are a lot of people making a conscious decision to make money from someone's death by advertising almost immediately they have been announced dead - it was never a comment about those who in the course of their day to day business are responding to requests in the manner you have described.

I understand why you are defending eBay dealers and I am aware you sell a lot on eBay but my comment was made on the back of a post in Facebook and one in MoPo, neither of which were posts by you.

And as Ves said, yes I should be used to it by now - but no, I never have and never will be.
  • I understand. Just wanted to make the distinction.

There used to be a dealer in Mexican lobby cards who used to post huge lists on MoPo whenever someone passes away and others certainly do this sort of thing frequently.
  • Yes I remember Rod, and boy did most everyone jump on him when he did (post A.D), but he's gone and yet no one says anything when someone else does the same?