Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

PosterFix.com is a SCAM!!!!

SmittymagicSmittymagic Member Posts: 4 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
edited July 2016 in Restoration
I have been using Sei Petterson for all my poster repairs and Sei is the Best....... I got an email from Chris Cloutier at posterfix.com who was going to give me a good deal on two posters. As it turns out and after digging for the reviews on this guy he is bad news. I sent him a $300.00US magic poster to get mounted and now he wont return my phone calls, emails or posters. He wanted me to cancel the claim with paypal which I am not going to do.....he wants more money to asend the posters back to me instead of using my UPS account and I would pay to have them shipped back. ...Here is the last email I got ..

Brent
I appreciate the business you sent our way with those to posters.
this morning my paypal balance was $about $100 and after yo filed a claim on me my balance is now -$170 or so.
I cant ship anything until i get some funds from either you are someone else. so all bets are off.
If you cacell the claim now, then i can complete shipment tomorrow.
otherwise i cant. also my shop computer is on th frotz- the computer fixer will come to ficx it thursday i am told. i am using a home computer at home right now. Please return the money and cancellthe claim asap.
my responces wll be delayed until i am at the home computer (as far as tomorrow is concerned)

here is the reviews I found but too late ....http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brooklyn-ny/TJ0HSC7ORJROIKDIP

Stay away from this guy.........and posterfix.com

As for Sei Petterson, Im sorry for not using your services and I will continue to use you and only you 

Comments

• GoldeneyeGoldeneye Member Posts: 45 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    The bad reviews on PosterFix were legendary and have been out there available for a long time. I am shocked you didn't look for reviews first on this company before deciding to work with this guy. Myself when getting posters I try to go through LAMP approved dealers for posters, framing, and restoration.

I use Hollywood Poster Frames for framing and then Sue there always sends my posters to Lumiere Poster Restoration if the poster needs to be linenbacked or any restoration done. Right now I have a beaten up Batman 66 poster and a Lady Snowblood poster getting ready to get linenbacked and restoration done from him.
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,756 admin

Oh, would like to see the before and afters on the Batman. Great poster!

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,112 admin
    Goldeneye said:
    The bad reviews on PosterFix were legendary and have been out there available for a long time. I am shocked you didn't look for reviews first on this company before deciding to work with this guy. Myself when getting posters I try to go through LAMP approved dealers for posters, framing, and restoration.

I use Hollywood Poster Frames for framing and then Sue there always sends my posters to Lumiere Poster Restoration if the poster needs to be linenbacked or any restoration done. Right now I have a beaten up Batman 66 poster and a Lady Snowblood poster getting ready to get linenbacked and restoration done from him.

I am with you on the reviews, you can't argue with consistently good review, Lumiere rates well as does Sue at Hollywood Frames.

But what is a 'LAMP Approved Dealer' really mean? The only approval process is that one pays one's annual membership. It's not a ruling industry body it doesn't do anything to censure poorly performing members, it has no formal constitution. Basically it is a good research and information repository and no more. 
    David