Skip to content

Please help identify some photos!

Please help identify some photos! Here is how you can be a GREAT help to us:

Go to this gallery: http://www.emovieposter.com/online/unidentified_stills2/

If you know any of the people pictured, post a comment like this (the below three have been identified):
008 is Martha Hyer
009 is Geraldine Brooks
010 is Douglas Kennedy

Feel free to "guess", but if you are not sure, put a "?" after the name!

Extra credit if you know the year it was taken, or if you know the movie the star was making.

Thanks to all those who help!

And if you have any friends who might know these, share this with them!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

Comments

• edited September 2016

For The Clairvoyant ( The Evil Mind ) Claude Rains of course, but I am curious as to who have you credited the actress as being?

010 - Douglass Kennedy is correct with an unknown woman, who may or not be an actress.

009 - Geraldine Brooks is correct.

I don't believe 008 is Martha Hyer but is Olivia de Havilland.

007  would be a supporting actress. The face looks familiar but not the name.

002, 003 ( same actress as in 002 ), 004 and 005 are all starlets who will be very hard to identify.

008, 009 & 010 have the same looking table and  008 & 010 the exact same type of chairs. 009 chair not in picture. I believe the three photograph images were taken at the Warner Brothers canteen in the 1940's.

• I already identified #004 in Facebook so everyone can ignore her now...

• Same woman

• David said:
    Same woman

I had already said that.

Do you think the boots make it 1960's ? 

• "I don't believe 008 is Martha Hyer but is Olivia de Havilland."

I looked at a LOT of images of both, and I do think it is Martha Hyer.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com

• edited September 2016
    Bruce said:
    "I don't believe 008 is Martha Hyer but is Olivia de Havilland."

I looked at a LOT of images of both, and I do think it is Martha Hyer.

My best guess is Olivia de Havilland but I am more confident it isn't Martha Hyer. My reasons why are as follows. I don't think it looks like her but mainly because the photograph was taken in the 1940s at the Warners Brothers canteen. I have now sighted another image which has the table and chair exactly the same as the three I previously mentioned images, which now makes a total of four confirming the venue. Olivia de Havilland was at Warners in the 1940s but Martha Hyer was making films at RKO and not at all Warner Bros, 

Don't forget to let me know who you have identified as the actress pictured in The Clairvoyant?

• Don't forget to let me know who you have identified as the actress pictured in The Clairvoyant?

I think it is Fay Wray.

• Bruce said:
    Don't forget to let me know who you have identified as the actress pictured in The Clairvoyant?

I think it is Fay Wray.

I had originally thought so to but actually it is the actress Jane Baxter. Note the same outfit as in your posted image.
  • Clever stuff Lawrence
  •  

Geraldine Brooks made only four films at Warner Brothers as a contract player and were released between 1947 and 1949. Cry Wolf was her debut film in 1947, and notice the hairstyle and the jacket she is wearing in the Warner Bros. commissary  b & w still image are the same as in the poster, so I am sure your image in question was taken during the filming of Cry Wolf. 

• On managing the magnify the thought to be Martha Hyer or Olivia de Havilland image about 25 times, it appears both Bruce's and my guesses were both incorrect. Who the mystery actress is still remains unknown therefore her identity still needs to be solved.  
  • On Jane Baxter, the person with a Fay Wray site agrees with you, so I am sure you are right.

But I looked at every image I could find from The Clairevoyant, and it is astounding how much Jane Baxter and Fay Wray look alike. They look at least like sisters. I need to find the movie and watch it.

• Incidentally, I have hundreds more "unknown" stills and will soon start posting galleries of them!

• Bruce said:
    Incidentally, I have hundreds more "unknown" stills and will soon start posting galleries of them!

I look forward to that. I used to be for about ten years an Archives assistant / manager working for an Archive which mainly supplied images to the media. The majority of the huge amount of  images were music and film related. In the film related area there was a lot of images without details of the artists appearing on them. One of my assignments was to try and identify who they were from mainly unmarked black and white stills and 35mm colour transparencies. I must admit out of all the tasks I performed this is the role I enjoyed doing best and had an overall pretty good hit rate in determining who people were.
  • edited September 2016

I know she has been identified, interesting nonetheless

Jamaican model Martine Beswick, of James Bond fame

Martine-Beswick 

Born on September 26, 1941 actress and model Martine Beswick, best known for her roles in the two James Bond movies From Russia with Love, and Thunderball, was born in Port Antonio, Jamaica. Although she auditioned for the first Bond film Dr. No, she was cast in the second film From Russia with Love as the fiery gypsy girl, Zora.  Beswick then appeared as the ill-fated Paula Caplan in Thunderball. She had been away from Jamaica so long that she was required to sunbathe constantly for two weeks before filming, in order to look like a local.