Skip to content

The Animation Quiz

Comments

• edited September 2016
                                            Bruce answered correctly Willie Whopper. The Willie Whopper cartoons were only released 1933 -1934. They were the product  of UB Iwerks, the creator of Flip The Frog. The original scene I had posted was from Davy Jones' Locker ( 1933 ). Note in the advertisement ( above right ) Willie has increased dramatically in weight from his first appearance on screen now living up to his name. Also of interest are the two cartoon's being promoted. The titles being Davy Jones Locker & Hell Below. Davy Jones Locker was released December 9, 1933 and Hell Below was released under the re-titled  name Hell's FIre on January 6, !934.
  • HONDO said:

# 8. Name the short animated film title.

From Walt Disney.
  • Was bloody hard to see the screenshot image and connect to something I saw a few weeks back...

•                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            # 4 ( left ) and # 5 ( right ) .Both full length feature cartoons and I surely have given you the answers now from these new images.
  • Image # 8 answered correctly. The Walt Disney short animated film being The Hot Choc-late Soldiers from 1934. Nice viewing provided for us by David.
  •  A clue to  hopefully finalise # 7.
  •  # 7. Same person but different film. The image on the right is from Red Hot Riding Hood. The image we need to identify on the left has a red and white costume. I thought the last image I posted was a giveaway to solve it.
  • edited September 2016
    Cancelled. Had pressed too soon. A follow up shortly. As it appears image # 4, along with image # 5 are unlikely to be answered I will reveal the answers shortly.
  • edited September 2016

Image # 4 answer is Magic Boy ( 1959 ). In 1961 the film was the first anime film to be released in the U.S.A.

• edited September 2016

Image # 5 answer is The Man Called Flintstone ( 1966 ).

•   As # 7 has been a real struggle to identify the film's title, even after numerous clues, I will reveal the answer, which is The Shooting Of Dan McGoo ( 1945 ). This was the second Droopy short to be released. I encourage everyone to seek it out and view this very funny cartoon.
  • edited September 2016
     # 9. Name the film.
  • Pecos Bill is the film a Melody Time from 1948, and that is Slue Foot Sue aka Sweet Sue.
  • David said:
    Pecos Bill is the film a Melody Time from 1948, and that is Slue Foot Sue aka Sweet Sue.
    Correct. Pecos Bill was one of seven segments featured in the ''package film'' Melody Time.
  • edited September 2016
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Image # 10. Name the film title which is also the cartoon character's name.
  • 10. Sinbad the Sailor by Ub Iwerks (1935)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEGhvspw_g

Now, if someone would be so kind as to show me how to embed videos...
  •                                       
    Brude said:
    10. Sinbad the Sailor by Ub Iwerks (1935)

Correct.
  • edited September 2016
    Brude said:
    10. Sinbad the Sailor by Ub Iwerks (1935)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEGhvspw_g

Now, if someone would be so kind as to show me how to embed videos...
    Copy the link, and then paste it - that's it!

•  Image # 11. Name the cartoon series this house is featured in.
  •  Image # 12. Name the cartoon series. An easy one.
  • #11 Where Sylvester and Tweety live I think
    #12 Road Runner Show
  • David said:
    #11 Where Sylvester and Tweety live I think
    #12 Road Runner Show

Correct. # 11 is granny's house from the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies Tweety & Sylvester cartoons.

# 12 is showing the roadrunner's dust from the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies Wile E. Coyote & The Road Runner cartoons.

•  Image # 13. Name this character and the series it is from.
  • Miss Prissy from Forghorn Leghorn series, everyone loves the Foghorn

• David said:
    Miss Prissy from Forghorn Leghorn series, everyone loves the Foghorn

# 13 Correct. Miss Prissy was a spinster hen who had a crush on Foghorn Leghorn, mainly in the Looney Tunes cartoons starring Foghorn. Foghorn must nave been in my top three of cartoon characters I loved.
  • edited September 2016
                                                                                                            #14. Name the characters. A yes and no there maybe for you.
  • I knew that was NOT Sylvester and I knew that IS Tweety, but I couldn't remember where or what, so I gave up and looked it up...

Turns out that is Catstello, voiced by Melb Blanc and if you listen to it you can hear a number of characters, Bugs Bunny is one, Sylvester is another...

• Correct. # 14 is an enjoyable Merrie Melodies cartoon titled A Tale of Two Kitties from 1942. This was the debut appearance of the yet to be named Tweety, who thankfully had an upgrade in appearance later on. Catstello, along with the other cat in the cartoon Babbit,were of course take offs on Bud Abbott and Lou Costello, the Universal contract stars who were making Rio Rita at MGM the same year of the cartoon, thus explaining why the send up of the two comics happened.
  •  # 15. Name the film title. A really easy one as we all know who the cat is, don't we ?
  • Obviously that is Felix the Cat, no idea what the movie is.