Skip to content

Party Time - World's #1 Forum

2»

Comments

• Why were you deleted?
  • ^ Because He buys far too many Bogarts?? ;)
  • He was deleted as part of a tidy up in the back-end I performing, his comments and are still attributed to him and he wasn't banned.
  • So just out of curiosity...how long does a person need to be inactive before they are deleted?
  • Which is what I am assuming happened with chris...
  • theartofmovieposters said:
    So just out of curiosity...how long does a person need to be inactive before they are deleted?
    I dunno, one minute before he was due back would be about right.
  • David said:
    and he wasn't banned.
    That was the mistake that allowed him to come back.
  • It looks like a good time for Chris to return. He can replace the room on the forum I have left vacant. He replies well but you need to encourage him to post some new threads also.
  • HONDO said:
    It looks like a good time for Chris to return. He can replace the room on the forum I have left vacant. He replies well but you need to encourage him to post some new threads also.

And I am pretty sure Chris knows how to forum...
  • Charlie said:
    HONDO said:
    Just out of curiosity why weren't The Horror Quiz ( 3.4K ) , The Science Fiction Quiz ( 3.3K ), Actresses Legs Quiz ( 2.7 K ) and War Movies Quiz ( 2.5k ) included in the top ten ?  I know you guys aren't that keen on quizzes but really ?
    This is a good question... Let me investigate it may have something to do with unique views etc...
    Figured it out...

• That possibly could  turn my disposition from being a grumpy person to a happy little vegemite. I'll wait and see if the proof is in the pudding. 
  • Bruce said:
    HONDO said:
    I am about to start a vacation from participating in the  forum as at now for an undecided period of time. I need to have a rest.
    If you do that, the posting on the forum will decline 90% (at least).

Don't make a snap decision.
    Thanks Bruce for being part of the small amount of support that I have received.
  • Charlie said:
    HONDO said:
    It looks like a good time for Chris to return. He can replace the room on the forum I have left vacant. He replies well but you need to encourage him to post some new threads also.

And I am pretty sure Chris knows how to forum...
    Not the only thing I've learned recently:

• I dont understand why the second image is incorrect...surely it can fit much much more and reduce the average diaper changes per day (ADCPD)? 
  • HONDO said:
    Bruce said:
    HONDO said:
    I am about to start a vacation from participating in the  forum as at now for an undecided period of time. I need to have a rest.
    If you do that, the posting on the forum will decline 90% (at least).

Don't make a snap decision.
    Thanks Bruce for being part of the small amount of support that I have received.

Bruce is also an active supporter of food fights, his judgement turns to custard most days.
  • edited July 2016

The Horror Quiz                   3.5K Views

The Science Fiction Quiz      3.4K Views

Actresses Legs Quiz             2.7K Views

War Movies Quiz                  2.6K Views

The Film Noir Quiz               1.6K Views

Overall I must have been doing something right with quizzes.

• That's great Lawrence.
  • For those of us who like the numbers (and we may or may not have members here who do, I dunno, just throwin' it out there), we're closing in on 400 (real) members - we've actually had 857 sign ups, but Matt keeps banning the spammers...

And as always it's interesting to see what topics piqued people's interest each month, August revealed the following top 10 most viewed topics:

Popular Discussions

Recent hangings...

Actresses Legs Quiz

War Movies Quiz

Is Outing 'In Forum' To Be Allowed?

Banned In Australia Films

Missing 1950's and 1960's Horror & Sci-FI daybill images.

August 2016

There Are Australian Daybill & One Sheets Existing For These Films.

Rick's collection

Most Beautiful Actresses of All Time

Of course we hope our four advertisers, (support them as your first preference when shopping online) feel they are getting their money's worth, page views steadily increase each month - up around 50K each month (last month: 53,760).
  • hmmm... :pensive: you sure about these numbers, Dave? they just don't seem right to me...I might want you to run another report...
  • I wouldn't place too much significance on Page Views. Its possible that many of these page views could be someone staying for just a second or two. To me, the more important thing would be the number of people who actually participate in a discussion or thread.

Despite that, I think that this forum is the best of all of the movie poster forums.

• John said:
    Despite that, I think that this forum is the best of all of the movie poster forums.

Agree with that!... :)
  • edited September 2016
    John said:
    I wouldn't place too much significance on Page Views. Its possible that many of these page views could be someone staying for just a second or two.

Actually unlike some others such as that old mpf who use bulletin based forum software, our count is the number who click through (one level) and deducts the search engine crawls which other sites tend to count (actually ours doesn't deduct it, it just doesn't count them). Also our site only counts human visitors eg when it says 'X' number of guests (left column) that is a human not a robot crawling the site. But true we don't have a 'time served count'.

John said:
    To me, the more important thing would be the number of people who actually participate in a discussion or thread.

It's probably better that you think, for instance of the 46 separate discussions that took place in August there were 22 different people who participated in them. Of course as we all know, the number of regular participants in ANY forum is always low compared to the member count and I doubt there is much we could do about that - we did discuss the thought of having more quizzes...
    [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

But in the end decided against it...
    [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

John said:

Thanks John, that means a lot to us (Matt told me to say that), we are a work in progress.

• Matt's offering up an extra OS he has in the closet...

Im throwing down my only Quad from my favorite movie of all time! 

Take your time in choosing!... ;)
  • David said:
    Just 10 points ...Close call between Hondo & rdavey26

i still need to get my head around this point system (It is like...uhm...Eurovision contest!) 
  • Mirosae said:

i still need to get my head around this point system (It is like...uhm...Eurovision contest!) 

When you know let me know, I just lost a point on the way to the prize table, 599 now...

• Seems to be a conspiracy to hold the Canadians down
  • I was talking to our assistant at work and she was telling me how clean Toronto was that they walked and biked everywhere and even had different trash cans for recycling. She was just so impressed how clean it was how the air was fresh, etc... This is no joke. So I told her yeah that Canada/Toronto was more liberal that the US regarding sustainability and the environment.  Her reaction was priceless.  It was like I had ruined her entire trip.  To herself - "I enjoyed something liberal???"  Liberal Conspiracies...
  • hahahahahahahahahaha