Skip to content

November 2016

This discussion was created from comments split from: October 2016.

Comments

• Thanks for the comments ... all came from a local auction

photo IMG_0299_zps6ptcpqdbjpg

photo IMG_0300_zpssecu3zegjpg

photo IMG_0303_zpsj8rv8ehmjpg

• Very nice looking The Scarlet Pimpernel re-release poster.
  • Agree. Really nice posters
  • Woman on Pier 13 daybill (1949) also previously titled I Married a Communist

Let's Dance daybill (1950)

Wagon Master daybill (1950)

• Very nice Pier 13 Matty...
  • Wagon Master has SO much going on...I LOVE IT!! Daybill wins again!  ;)
  • All eye popping matt! Pier 13 is a cracker and dam rare! Can't go wrong with RKO film noir daybills!
  • All three daybills great. By far the rarest of the three is the Woman On Pier 13. It is the only daybill of this title I have seen. I have sighted one only Australian one sheet of this film also and I prefer the artwork and colours of the daybill over the one sheet which was produced by my least liked printer F. Cunninghame. On saying that I am sure we would all like to own either.
  • The Pier 13 US one sheet beats the daybill and the AU one sheet IMO. Still happy to have the daybill.
  • Been eyeing off that Wagon Master myself, but never could quit pull the trigger.

Congratulations on some beautiful posters!

• Been eyeing off that Wagon Master myself, but never could quit pull the trigger.

Congratulations on some beautiful posters!

Wagon Master has been available in New Zealand for purchase over the last twelve months.
  • Nice pick-up's Matt
  • edited November 2016
    Wagon Master is very nice.

A new daybill, and the lobby card is original from 55 but with a 1963 stamp. I gather it was recycled for a re-release.

http://http//s50.photobucket.com/user/elvis57/media/DSC_0078_zpsiedmtc0i.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/elvis57/DSC_0077 1_zpsh5pqbetm.jpg

Edited by David 'cause Rick still can't work how to post images...
  • I like the commie girl and her red dress. Very much.
  • edited November 2016
    Despite the fact Rick still can't post images to the forum, Photobucket is in fact down...
  • I think i'll give up with the images, and I always worry about pop-ups on photobucket. Images of Peter Pan daybill and To Catch a Thief LC.
  • edited November 2016
    Rick said:
    and I always worry about pop-ups on photobucket. 

What's to worry about?  Beside, if they really worry you then think AdBlock.

http://blog.photobucket.com/status/
  • Happy with this Jimmy daybill for Ziegfeld Girl. Printed by Marchant

• Tops, Sven! It's got great color, wonderful portraits, creative fonts, some fancy musical notes drifting down the bottom half...and some legs for Charlie! :smiley:

nice one! :plus_one:

• edited November 2016
    Thanks to Sven

Fine Clothes (1925) Long Daybill 

Starring a rather cute Alma Rubens, who, according to Wiki:

"Rubens developed a drug addiction which eventually ended her career. She died of lobar pneumonia and bronchitis shortly after being arrested for cocaine possession in early January 1931."

• Nice pick-up Rick on the Peter Pan and great pick-up too Sven!
  • Sven said:

Happy with this Jimmy daybill for Ziegfeld Girl. Printed by Marchant

Nice original daybill Sven. Very rare and the only one I have ever seen. The re-release stock poster has been readily available over the years.
  • Rick Peter Pan has amazing colors..classic! Well done! Nice close up of grace and carey on the lobby.

Thought that was right up your alley David.  Nice one for your wall or finch lane!  Sad story about Alma, guess hollywood has always been hard to deal with for some.

Cheers hondo and mark! 
  • Sven said:
     Nice one for your wall or finch lane!  
    Daybill don't make the grade at Finch & Lane... ;)
  • Sven said:

Happy with this Jimmy daybill for Ziegfeld Girl. Printed by Marchant

Awesome poster, great catch Sven.

Was eyeing that Peter Pan, good win there Rick.

Great shape for a 20s daybill Dave!

• Matt said:

Woman on Pier 13 daybill (1949) also previously titled I Married a Communist

Awesome Matt!  Looks like Unka treated you right ;)
  • @Chris He always does. ;)
  • Someone has been on a buying trip to someplace special. Nice stuff Chris!