Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

I Dunno What To Do...

theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

So I have been contacted by an ebay member after they got my ebay id from a seller whom purchased a poster from.

The ebay member would like to purchase the poster I have because they collect similar themes to me.

Now, I have no real attachment to the poster, it just fills a hole in the collection.

But I bought it cause I wanted it...in reality it will sit in the filing cabinet for ages and ages.

I'm in two minds...and don't get me wrong, I am not pissed at anyone for anything.  I just genuinely don't know what to do !

What would you do? 

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,213 admin
    Sometimes filling in the holes is what makes collection so enjoyable.
    David
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    If you need funds sell it and if not keep it as you said you wanted it in the first place. On saying that though do you think the prospective buyer would appreciate it more than you do and if you feel this is the case isn't it better to give to someone who will treasure it more than having it sit in a filing cabinet for ages and ages.
    Lawrence
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,213 admin
    HONDO said:
    better to give to someone who will treasure it more than having it sit in a filing cabinet for ages and ages.
    Good to hear you say that...

...now about your collection.
    David
  • 110x75110x75 Member, Sarli Connoisseur Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    If he's willing to pay what you paid + a bunch of extra bucks (for having to part with the poster) then sell it and use the money to buy something you will be attached to.
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,269 admin
    Sell it to me and hold it until I forget about it...  I'll give you a dollar - US...
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    If you bought it because you wanted it then i assume there must be some attachment? 
    Most of the time the regret kicks in a month later..happened to me when i sold Man from Laramie daybill, then the queen of long daybills saved me a couple of years later  :)
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    For me it would depend on what they are offering for it I guess.  If it is substantially above what you paid in terms of $ or trade etc. then maybe you could move it along with an eye towards finding another one at some point in the future PLUS something else perty with your profiteering!  But if it is very scarce then well you know what you need to do...
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,040 admin
    Will it ever get framed? If not...sell it.
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Thanks all for your input and comments. 

It's not a valuable poster by any means, but is rare in terms of availability, so I can't see myself finding another in a hurry.  The guy is being more than reasonable with what he is offering.  Truth be told, if I didn't win the auction it wouldn't have bothered me either way, so I am leaning towards letting it go.  I know what it's like to miss out on something.  He's obviously done some digging to get this point so he certainly seems to be more passionate about it than I.  Though I did ask what his interest was in the poster.  I think like me, it's just another one to cross of the list.

If I let it go, I really can't see myself missing it much.

Guess I will have to dig it out and have a good hard look at it.

I dunno, I dunno, I dunno...if only I had a oh I don't know, Roman Holiday daybill to fill the emptiness.  :)

Thanks again guys

• PaulPaul Member, Quad Master Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    If you didn't want it you wouldn't have bid on it, so I'd keep it.  

Then again I'm no yard stick, I keep everything... otherwise I'd be a dealer.
    It's more than a Hobby...
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,040 admin
  • MirosaeMirosae Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Uhm...that is a tough one. I would probably give myself sometime to think it over. If this one is rare then  like you said it would be better to look at it again and see how you feel about it. I tend to be "emotional"  about my posters. So if you are in doubts... Keep it and just have his offer in mind for whenever you are ready.  
    Rosa -
    Love some paper