Skip to content

Show us your poster lair...

Comments

• Charlie said:
    Everybody has got an Eames chair except me...  @marqueeposter has one too...

Me neither...lets start a no Eames chair club ;)
  • all the sudden i'm feeling ostracized... :sunglasses:
  • :plus_one:

Sweet!!!! Love all the flat files, storage areas, flat working space, large open widows of natural light, and a wee bit of mess!

• Great stuff Charlie!
  • My first flat file. Took a couple  months to find one the right size, price, location somewhat near me.

...My 6 1/2 yr never far from a photo being taken! 

• Cool...and yep, it's just your first.

Tip: Add wheels. Thank me later.
  • Cool pic...it won't be long before you get another one. ;)
  • Yeah, put wheels on it before it gets too heavy. (I guessing it's already heavy as is)
  • It was used off of Craigslist so I pulled out all the drawers and cleaned it up nicely. I could easily move it without the drawers, but with drawers in, it was a beast!

Loading it was no fun, but yes, i'll make a 2x4 frame for the bottom soon and get some coasters on it so it will move more easily if needed.

...and yes, I'm already on the lookout for #2...I've got a thin lead on some other flat files that were never used...will update if it pans out...
  • I'm on to number 3 myself, not counting the other places I use....
  • good stuff Matk!
  • Getting my drawers arranged, although I need to order a roll of Glassine paper to interleave each poster, linenbacked or otherwise. 

• Yugos and Window Cards...

• edited November 2016
    Linenbacked Daybills (...much appreciated) with a 1-inch border fit perfect in the drawer...

• I dunno Mark, it could be just me, but if that is how many you are going to stack per drawer...you're going to need a bigger house.
  • edited November 2016
    :joy: 

David, you are so right. I should have waited to get a few more stacked in each drawer...I was trying to show how I would organize each drawer...the top drawer reserved for linenbacked one sheets...of which i haven't debuted as of yet. 

More to come...maybe!... ;)

edit: a bigger house is out of the question...so 3 more cabinets in my poster lair will have to do...
  • Light years ahead of me! One day I will have a poster lair
  • Great photo Mark, what a happy boy you have. I assume he is also having fun with your collection!
  • Damn... that's poster collecting for ya. Kudos old man!!!!!!
  • Mirosae said:
    Great photo Mark, what a happy boy you have. I assume he is also having fun with your collection!
    Thanks Rosa, he wanders into the room every now and then, and loves my Josey Wales yugo cause Clint has not one, but two pistols! He does quite a bit of drawing in the room as well when I fiddle around... =)
  •  He does quite a bit of drawing in the room as well when I fiddle around... =)
    Not this sort of drawing I take it?

• He haven't shown that Eastwood series to him yet, although he'd like the orangutan that's for sure! 

Here's his latest work...

• Awesome! A rare rainbow feathered chicken...always hard to capture them on paper, shy buggers.

Or it's a peacock.
  • Turkey day is a week away - I'm going with a turkey...
  • We should start a kiddos art thread. They are so precious and the we just stuff them in a box.
  • Ahh of course a Turkey.

• Charlie said:
    We should start a kiddos art thread. They are so precious and the we just stuff them in a box.
    I have a couple hanged.
  • 110x75 said:

Charlie said:
    We should start a kiddos art thread. They are so precious and the we just stuff them in a box.
    I have a couple hanged.
    Bloody Hell Matais! Most parents just send them to their room.