Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

The Animation Quiz

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    David said:
    The Aristocats

Correct David. # 21 The Aristocats from 1970.
    Lawrence
     Image # 22. Name the film title.
    Lawrence
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,232 admin
    Sword and the Stone and that would be Archimedes.
    David

# 22 is indeed The Sword In The Stone from 1963 and the owl being Archimedes as mentioned also.

Lawrence
     Image # 23. Name the film title.
    Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Found it.  Obvious Disney style from late 50's early 60's.  The Cinderella birds are different, so tried Sleeping beauty.  There it was
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • MirosaeMirosae Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    ....any tips? 
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Well, I watched lots of Disney, and it has its own style, especially the classic stuff.  The birds looked like they would be a princess thing.  I remembered that the Cinderella birds were all sparrows, so that left Sleeping Beauty.

Then did a google search of "Disney Sleeping beauty Image" and looked at the image results.  The first result was a different image, but with the same birds.  Scrolled down a bit, and there was the exact image.

It's possible to cheat, but I don't.  And I won't explain how.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    # 23 answered correctly by Jay was indeed Sleeping Beauty from 1959. The film marked the end of an era in Walt Disney history in that it was the last work to have its animation Cels hand-inked.
    Lawrence
     Image # 24. Name the film title. From the old now to some more contemporary animation.
    Lawrence

25   26 

Name the two film titles. One should be easy and the other a lot harder to answer.

Lawrence
    edited November 2016
    A clue for # 26 is it is a Tex Avery Cartoon.
    Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence

Seem to be struggling so a few clues.

# 24. A full length feature of fairly recent times using the voice over talents of an Australian actress.

# 25. A full length classic from Walt Disney studios. 

# 26. A violent and over the top MGM short subject directed by Tex Avery in the 1940's. Title clue in the image shown.

Lawrence
    #25 Bambi 

But it might not be...

Rosa -
    Love some paper
    Mirosae said:
    #25 Bambi 

But it might not be...

It is though and well done Rosa. The classic Walt Disney film Bambi from 1942 it is.

Leaving only two to be answered.

Lawrence
    #26: What's Buzzing Buzzard.  I had to wait until I could spin up my old Tex Avery Collection laserdisc.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    edited November 2016

jayn_j said:
    #26: What's Buzzing Buzzard.  I had to wait until I could spin up my old Tex Avery Collection laserdisc.

Correct. Good work Jay. What's Buzzin' Buzzard ? from 1943. An interesting model sheet with reference to the Durante ( Jimmy ) buzzard that I thought members might like to have a look at.      

Lawrence
    Wow  @ jayn_j  well done!!! :)

@HONDO thanks for sharing that model sheet, is this meant to be "the script "?
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
    And I'm sure "I have seen " #24 but I cannot remember the bloody title.... :s 

Rosa -
    Love some paper
    Mirosae said:
    And I'm sure "I have seen " #24 but I cannot remember the bloody title.... :s 

As previously mentioned an Australian actress but also an American actor who has filmed in Australia involved.
    Lawrence
    edited November 2016
    thanks! Yes. I watched Rango..so my memory didn't quite failed me..! 

Thank you @David
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
    David said:
    24 is Rango

Great clip. Correct and Rango is from 2011.
    Lawrence
    edited November 2016

In reply to Rosa's question.    

A model sheet explanation and the best condensed version I could find to explain. Reproduced from Wikipedia.

''In animation, a model sheet, also known as a character board, character sheet, character study or simply a study, is a document used to help standardize the appearance, poses, and gestures of an animated character. Model sheets are required when large numbers of artists are involved in the production of an animated film to help maintain continuity in characters from scene to scene, as one animator may only do one shot out of the several hundred that are required to complete an animated feature film. A character not accordingly to the production's standardized model is referred to as an off-model.''

Model sheets have also been used in the past  to maintain graphic continuity over the years for long lasting cartoon productions of short or short features such as the Looney Tunes or Merrie Melodies series."

Lawrence
    Model sheets are/were the core to Disney characters too

David
     Image # 27. Name the film title. Easy one.
    Lawrence
    I'll take that...Fantasia (1941) 

She is a Centaurette.

And this off my fav Disney reference site:

The Centaurettes first appeared during the "Pastoral Symphony" in Fantasia. They were beautiful female horse-like girls of different colors who were in love with the male horse-like centaurs.

Fantasia

The centaurettes are first seen by the river and a waterfall. Some of them were swimming in the river and splashing each other for fun. The ones on dry land were assisted by the small cherubs with their hair and makeup. They see the centaurs and help the centaurettes look their best to attract the attention of the centaurs. Each centaurette was able to find a centaur to mate with, and are shown doing various fun activities with their new beaus.

The centaurettes and centaurs attend the Wine Festival honoring Bacchus, and help make the wine. Once Bacchus arrives, the centaurettes dance with him and the centaurs. One centaurette flirts with him and he pursues her. The others tease him as well and laugh when Bacchus accidentally kisses Jacchus, his pet donkey. When Zeus arrives to torment them, they all take shelter under trees and in a cave. One centaurette saves a little unicorn that's trapped on a rock in the river before joining the others. Once Zeus departs, they watch the sun set before going to sleep.

David
    HONDO said:

In reply to Rosa's question.    

A model sheet explanation and the best condensed version I could find to explain. Reproduced from Wikipedia.

''In animation, a model sheet, also known as a character board, character sheet, character study or simply a study, is a document used to help standardize the appearance, poses, and gestures of an animated character. Model sheets are required when large numbers of artists are involved in the production of an animated film to help maintain continuity in characters from scene to scene, as one animator may only do one shot out of the several hundred that are required to complete an animated feature film. A character not accordingly to the production's standardized model is referred to as an off-model.''

Model sheets have also been used in the past  to maintain graphic continuity over the years for long lasting cartoon productions of short or short features such as the Looney Tunes or Merrie Melodies series."

Thanks you Lawrence. Most helpful. I shall look out for these model sheets for now on. 
    Thanks!
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
    Image # 27 Fantasia (1940 ) correctly answered by David. A beautiful film to watch. Disney doing what they do best.
    Lawrence
     Image # 28. Name the film title.
    Lawrence