Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Support Our Sponsors:

Be qick to save!

Now open!

Advertise here - click to read how

Russ Meyer's...

DavidDavid Administrator Posts: 10,060 admin
I am going through a large quantity of LCs I picked up a few years back (found in a garage after almost 40 years), they're all in pristine condition (they went from the printer to the owner's garage) and right at the top of the pile are some cards for some 8x10 LCs for Russ Meyer's:

Super Vixens
Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers
Good Morning & Good-Bye

A quick search finds very little if anything exists in this country for these films, sound about right?
Post edited by David on
David

Comments

• RickRick Member Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I think Ive got a FKLW daybill
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    edited November 2016

Finders Keepers Losers Weepers was imported by Columbia Pictures in 1976 but apparently they didn't want their name appearing. on the daybill. Columbia Pictures also imported Good Morning And Goodbye and Super Vixens in 1976. For some reason Regent Trading Enterprises submitted Super Vixens again on 35mm and was passed for exhibition in 1981, also with a R certificate and running the same length.

Lawrence
  • DavidDavid Administrator Posts: 10,060 admin
    Yes I am aware of the censorship, more curious about the seeimingly lack of paper
    David
    According to www.refused-classification.com

Banned and censored in 1981

The 'original version' of SUPERVIXENS, running 2868.5-meters (104:33), was submitted to the Censorship Board in April 1981. It was again Refused Registration, this time due to violence, which was described as:
    Frequency: Infrequent
    Explicitness/Intensity: High
    Purpose: Gratuitous

Regent Trading Enterprises then presented a 2858.20-meter (104:11) 'reconstructed version'. It was awarded an R-rating in November 1981, after the removal of a further 8.0-meters (00:17). These extra cuts were again for violence, which was described as:
    Frequency: Infrequent
    Explicitness/Intensity: High

The reason given for the R-rating was sex and violence, which were both described as being:
    Frequency: Frequent
    Explicitness/Intensity: Medium

Regent Trading Enterprises went on to give this censored print a theatrical re-release.

It seems that this time the censors had no problems with the sexual content of the film. The 40-seconds of cuts were all to reduce the intensity of the violence. This would seem to indicate that they were made at around the 30m point of the film, where Harry murders Angel in the bathtub. The scene is very prolonged, and over the top.

David
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 5,983 admin
    Did you get Mudhoney cards??? Dibs if you sell...
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    www.movieposterworks.com  | MPW on Facebook
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Oh do we get to put dibs in on David's stuff??

David, dibs on the long daybills and perty early aussie one sheets!  Thanks in advance ;)

I dunno when Ves, such a long long process, you know the problem is as always, time.
    David
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Take photo...put in ves pile.

Take photo...put in ves pile...

Repeat above as needed.

When done, put ves pile in tube and send off.

Your welcome!

But seriously, I understand completely, especially at this time of the year.

I swear I am drowning in paper!  And not all very nice.