Skip to content

Musicals

edited July 2016 in Movie Talk
The musical film is a film genre in which songs sung by the characters are interwoven into the narrative, sometimes accompanied by dancing...from Rocky Horror Picture Show to Little Shop of Horrors, from An American in Paris to Chicago there's a musical for everyone and all tastes.

Or is there? That is the question

Comments

• LET IT GO! LET IT GO!
  • What?

• Uh oh...I was innocently showing my wife yet another movie poster- much to her surprise... -"Oklahoma" advance one sheet that just came up for auction on EMP yesterday... Now she's playing songs from Oklahoma! West Side Story & Mary Poppins!  What the!... =)

Shes calling her mom to "suggest" Christmas gifts for her and i to watch over the holidays!!! :o 
  • I did "let it go", never made it passed 30mins in....  and I like Musicals.  

May not be too bad Mark, there's some good ones out there.. 

• Oh you have kids, you must Mary Poppins them...
  • Luckily both grown up and left Home, but yes at the time, Mary Poppins..
  • I've been on a lobby card kick lately, specializing on classic musicals.  I've got title cards for about 30 classics, and scene cards for around 80 musicals.
  • Talk is cheap, so is sharing...
  • I know.  Once my son finishes his leave and goes back, I am going to try and start photographing.  Here are a few I already (poorly) scanned

Haven't scanned this one yet.  Here is Bruce's image

Many more to come once I get set up.
  • Very nice (I know 5 of them)
  • Nice lobbies! All seem to be in such good shape! 
  • jayn_j said:

Haven't scanned this one yet.  Here is Bruce's image

Many more to come once I get set up.
    Jay

You can have the unwatermarked images of any item you bought (even going backwards for years). Just ask!

Saves a LOT of time scanning or photographing.

Thanks
    Bruce

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• A most excellent and most appreciated service too.
  • I found some free time today, and managed to do about 70 scans.  It helps that I have a scanner that can do 11x14 scans.
    Anyway, here are a few representative scans of better stuff.  Is there any interest in posting more of it.
    It is all available at http://users.frii.com/cindy/posters/title cards/

• and one bonus because of the date

• Are my eyes playing tricks me on me in thinking this scene has been censored ? 

• the trick was in the film.
  • Nice selection there...
  • Beautiful collection of classic cards, Jay.
    Impressive!
  • Just throwing this into the mix, but I've just returned from watching La La Land with the missus (only fair after dragging her to a second helping of Rogue One yesterday  B) ) and in all honesty I was blown away, if the cinematography, sound, acting, writing or Art Dept don't clean up at this years (can say that now) Oscars, something has gone horribly wrong! The End
  • Musicals were the winner on the night...