Skip to content

The Animation Quiz

Comments

• # 33, for which David provided the great clip for, is indeed The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr. Toad from 1949.
  •  # 34. Name the film title.
  • # 34 clue is Tex Avery.
  • Yeah, I had figured it was Avery.  Is this a Droopy Dog cartoon?  Deputy Droopy?
  • HONDO said:
    # 34 clue is Tex Avery.
    jayn_j said:
    Yeah, I had figured it was Avery.  Is this a Droopy Dog cartoon?  Deputy Droopy?

Spot on Jay. # 34 is Deputy Droopy from 1955.

• # 35. Name the film title of a Tex Avery film.

• Well, you already said tex avery.  The brick house says one of the Three Little Pig series.  He did several of those.  Typed "Tex Avery Three Little Pigs" into google, which led me to a wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Little_Pigs
    [quote]n 1953, Tex Avery did a Droopy cartoon, "The Three Little Pups". In it, the wolf is a Southern-speaking dog catcher (voiced by Daws Butler) trying to catch Droopy and his brothers, Snoopy and Loopy, to put in the dog pound. Though first successful in blowing the first two houses down, he meets his match when he fails to blow Droopy's house of bricks. The dog catcher makes several failed attempts to destroy the house and catch the pups. His last attempt ended with him inside the television set where he is a cowboy.[/quote]

Then did a search on this title.  Did not see that image, but did get this one:

So that's my guess.  The three little pups.
  • edited January 2017
     # 35 is indeed The Three Little Pups from 1953 . Good investigative work Jay.
  •   # 36. Name the film title. A different producer and distributor to change things up a little. 
  • looks like a terrytoon
  • edited January 2017
    jayn_j said:
    looks like a terrytoon

It is indeed a Terrytoon. The image sorta gives the title away.
  • keep hoping for others to chime in

•  Paul Terry pictured.. Jay is correct with his answer for image # 36 being The Butcher Of Seville ( 1944 ). Is it just me in not being a great fan of Paul Terry's Terrytoons body of work? I believe I need to rest this thread for a while but I will return at a later date. Due to it being my highest viewed thread of all time I will revive my Science Fiction Quiz shortly to replace the Animation Quiz.
  • edited July 2017
    37 Name the film title. A clue to help is that the image is from a feature film.
  • You sure went from really hard to really easy, Lawrence! But I guess if you aren't old like me, this might be hard!

I remember my parents taking me to this when it opened. I will leave it to someone else to answer.

Thanks for posting these!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Same for me.  Was knot fooled, and the answer jumped right at me.
  • Gees!  I love that movie.

My eldest actually watched it on the weekend with my sister, and she enjoyed it too, so there is hope with the younger generation!

• Is someone going to limp in with an answer?
  • I find it incredible someone doesn't supply an answer.
  • I blame Jay, we've warnered him...
  • Enough already...too much cheesiness..

• edited July 2017

Bruce, Jay ( ''knot'' mention ), Ves and David ( ''limp'' mention  ) all knew the answer. Thanks Ves for providing the answer for the record for anyone who didn't know it. The Incredible Mr. Limpet was released in 1964.

Do I need to make the next entry a little harder perhaps ?

• HONDO said:

Bruce, Jay ( ''knot'' mention ), Ves and David ( ''limp'' mention  ) all knew the answer. Thanks Ves for providing the answer for the record for anyone who didn't know it. The Incredible Mr. Limpet was released in 1964.

Lest we forget I "warnered" Jay
  • David said:
    HONDO said:

Lest we forget I "warnered" Jay

•  Name the film title.
  • That one is quite a bit tougher and misleading.  I'll give others a chance.
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit
  • Hondo and I have been having an offline discussion.  Who are the crows?