Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Support Our Sponsors:

Be qick to save!

Now open!

Advertise here - click to read how

Movie Prop Trivia!

191011121315»

Comments

• DavidDavid Administrator Posts: 10,062 admin
    edited January 2017
    Google is my friend:  Edward G. Robinson Julie London The Red House 1947

David
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    edited January 2017
    In reply to Jay, Ves and Charlie, the image appears a number of times on Google originating from the Fine Art America website. It is credited as being'' The Red House ( 1947 ) 1 farm house Aberdeen sd 1964 photograph by David Lee Guss''. I was only relying on this information and assuming from the reputable looking source that if was correct. The picture was downloaded on Google many years ago and I cannot locate any references to this information being incorrect. Interestingly the film is credited on IMDB as being filmed in California particularly in Sonora and California. Is it definitely used in The Red House? I suppose the only way the find out for sure is to sit down and view it sometime. Somewhere I have probably one of the best copies available on DVD of this public domain film, which I transferred from VHS many years ago. The black and white image quality is clearly defined, but the print it was taken off shows its age and the number of times it went through a projector. Unless proved otherwise we will have to say The Red House is correct and Ves supplied the answer.
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

There is a half decent copy of the film on you tube, which I had a look through this morning.

I am not sure that the house in the picture is that used in the film...you never (or at least not that I saw) get a really good look at it. 

Who cares...we got there in the end!

Next!

J. Filling in as we wait for Mark's next batch. House built for a particular film. There is a clue in the image and there are many fans of the star of this film within the forum..
    Lawrence
    edited January 2017
                                                     Backtracking a little to the previously solved # 140 The Big Sleep. Mark mentioned earlier he thought the convertible belonged to Carmen Sternwood. I have discovered the vehicle was a 1939 Plymouth De Luxe Convertible Coupe. Not being a car fan this is my car contribution for the year. For anyone interested the number plate appears to be 88P591.
    Lawrence
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 3,381 admin
    Good info Lawrence!
    Mark
    IIRC my granddad had a (4-door) Plymouth way back when I was a whipper snapper, I seem to remember sitting on the running boards waiting to go for a ride to wherever we were going. All I remember it was a HUGE car...
    David
    edited January 2017

HONDO said:

J. Filling in as we wait for Mark's next batch. House built for a particular film. There is a clue in the image and there are many fans of the star of this film within the forum..

There is something special about this house.

Post edited by David on
    Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member Posts: 481 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    Well, its the Leave it to Beaver house, but I don't know the film.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    The "Paramount House" built for the film The Desperate Hours (1955) starring Mr Bogart, but I had to google.
    David said:
    My Three Sons
    I was serious...so I looked up the house. Pretty close

David
    The "Paramount House" built for the film The Desperate Hours (1955) starring Mr Bogart, but I had to google.

J answered correctly by Ves. Yes the house was originally built on the Universal lot by Paramount specifically for The Desperate Hours. After the completion of the film the house remained  and used in films such as All This And Heaven Too ( 1955 ) and many TV shows with it's usage in Leave It To Beaver probably the most recognizable. In 1989 the house was moved to another area at Universal and as at 2010, at least, still remained standing.

The image I originally posted was from The Desperate Hours with the kid's bike on the lawn being a key detail in the film and was the clue I had mentioned, and that scene has always remained in my memory. 

Lawrence
    edited January 2017

K. A house used on location for a well loved film.
    Post edited by David on
    Lawrence

Colour association should lead to an answer..

Lawrence
    Quiet Man?

Correct. K is The Quiet Man ( 1952 ). Used as Reverend Cyril Playfair's House. Shot in Cong, County Mayo in Ireland.
    Lawrence
    Ok, a new angle to mix things up-here are two new items. 

I'm no sci-fi expert so these will appear in twos so I don't get confused.  =)  name the movie from the cool space ship. 

148-

149-

Mark
    148 look slike something form Thunderbirds?
    David
    No-not Thunderbirds.

Although I confess I had to look up the movie. My mind went to the Thunderbirds movie made during WWII and the cool poster! =)
    Mark
    edited January 2017

Searching for answers.
    Post edited by David on
    Lawrence