Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What happened to all the posters from other countries???

CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,262 admin
Daybills 24/7 gets old... It's like eating too much chocolate.  You get sick after awhile.  After all this isn't just an Australian poster forum...

What are some missing "non-Australian" posters... 
That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

No way!  I'm a choc-aholic!

But seriously, I tried...apparently no one else has any ugly americans!

• 110x75110x75 Member, Sarli Connoisseur Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    All I post are non daybills. Haven't bought much recently though... =)
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,262 admin

No way!  I'm a choc-aholic!

But seriously, I tried...apparently no one else has any ugly americans!

Challenge Accepted...
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,210 admin
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Charlie said:
    Daybills 24/7 gets old... It's like eating too much chocolate.  You get sick after awhile.  After all this isn't just an Australian poster forum...

Rather than complain about someone being informative, I would have thought the simple solution for you would be to just don't view any daybill threads and let me get on with sharing my Australian knowledge. If any other non Australian, or even Australian members feel the same way about there being too much daybill and other Australian content please inform me, and if there are enough of you, I will cease posting this material? 
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Yeah, I don't think that is what Charlie was getting at, more a rallying cry to those members whom collect other paper to participate more and include discussions which are non daybill/Australian poster related.

I'm sure the people with no interest in daybills don't bother looking at the threads that don't interest them...

So if you want more non aussie posts, start your threads!

(Though I know that most things have been discussed on other forums, hence why think not so much is discussed here).

A forum is only as good at it's members.  If you don't like the discussions, change em up and post!

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,210 admin
    I'd like to share my Falcon collection of US1Shs...but aftre all these years I am still missing one bastard. Of course the last ones are the rare ones.

So yeah, what the Falcon happened to that one?!
    David
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 3,973 admin

Yeah, I don't think that is what Charlie was getting at, more a rallying cry to those members whom collect other paper to participate more and include discussions which are non daybill/Australian poster related.

I'm sure the people with no interest in daybills don't bother looking at the threads that don't interest them...

So if you want more non aussie posts, start your threads!

(Though I know that most things have been discussed on other forums, hence why think not so much is discussed here).

A forum is only as good at it's members.  If you don't like the discussions, change em up and post!

Agree. 
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    We just need someone on this forum as knowledgable and passionate about non aussie paper as lawrence is about aussie paper. Finding that person is the challenge (its probably bruce but he has got a sizable business to manage) and others stick to their forums

I think we are all in agreement so i hope no one is going to put on boxing gloves!
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,262 admin
    HONDO said:
    Charlie said:

Rather than complain about someone being informative, I would have thought the simple solution for you would be to just don't view any daybill threads and let me get on with sharing my Australian knowledge. If any other non Australian, or even Australian members feel the same way about there being too much daybill and other Australian content please inform me, and if there are enough of you, I will cease posting this material? 
    I don't view them Lawrence and I like daybills. I don't love any particular country as I collect them from all over.  It's not so much about your threads - if I was 24/7 Aussie paper I would be in heaven. A comparison would be if I were to post Stargate or Hepburn posters 24/7 - unless you loved that title or actress you would be waiting for your Title or actress. In some ways you spoil us - it's like seeing everyone else eating steak and it's off menu for me and maybe others. My post was a call, perhaps to myself more than anything, to put some steak on the menu for other members and potential members.  Not limit the menu. Right now, if you look at the recent discussions, we are pretty much only serving Australian beef which is really yummy unless your a vegetarian...  
    Charlie said:
     Right now, if you look at the recent discussions, we are pretty much only serving Australian beef which is really yummy unless your a vegetarian...  
    Ask Ari...
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Charlie said:

I am thinking Paul for the U.K. Must be a lot of British material that is missing that he knows about.
    Lawrence
  • PaulPaul Member, Quad Master Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    I haven't posted much anywhere lately, the Bucket fell out with me and I lost all my pics, so are a bit reluctant to start using it again...

Oh, and Matias, I've been veggi since it was uncool, about 50 years back...  ;-) 
    It's more than a Hobby...

I put my hand up as the resident picture poster for people who can't or don't want to be bother with hosting sites...send me the pretty pics of papers and I will whack em up for you.

I just love seeing pictures of posters, and esp if they come from people like PAUL!

• PaulPaul Member, Quad Master Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    May just take you up on that Ves, it has been odd not posting...
    It's more than a Hobby...

For sure.

I'll PM you my personal email address...send the pics through and I will upload and post them to the threads :)

Oh and that goes for anyone else...just let me know.
    That's just too much work for you Ves.
    I suggest Paul sends his posters directly to me. I'll photograph and upload them.
    Start with Uni-horror, dear Paul. ;)