Skip to content

February 2017

Comments

• A few one sheets from John.

Mara Maru Australian one sheet.

One Minute to Zero Australian one sheet.

Macao Australian one sheet.

The Lost Moment Australian one sheet.

• And a Toko Ri Aussie one sheet to replace my over washed wafer thin copy.

• All fabulous Matt! Good eye. John has been producing the most amazing paper!
  • Nice One Sheets Matt
  • Very nice Matt - congrats!
  • Oh Macao is a knockout!  Bring it with you when you next come over for a coffee :)

Congrats!

• Agreed! Righteous one sheets! esp Lost Moment.
  • lovely Matt, Lost Moment is great. I have the daybill which is nice, but this is special.

• HONDO said:
    Bruce said:
    HONDO said:
    Image of George Reeves not as good as the daybill image, but nevertheless nice. Extremely rare, and of the four different Superman 20th Century Fox 1950's daybill titles, the first time I have seen an Australian one sheet of any of them.
    Not quite right. There were FIVE  compilation movies created out of episodes of this classic TV series. They were apparently solely shown outside the U.S. (which makes sense, since the episodes had been shown on TV in the U.S.), and we know that it is likely that one-sheets and lobby card sets were created for all five compilation features, but one-sheets from them are quite rare, and lobby cards are even more rare (which also makes sense, since lobby cards would have been far less likely to have been used in other countries). The titles were Superman in Scotland Yard,  Superman and the Jungle Devil, Superman Flies Again, Superman in Exile, and Superman's Peril. The only reason I know so much about these titles is because a pressbook was created for all five features, and I only once auctioned it, and it sold for $412!

I hadn't said there were only four compilation Superman movies. I was only talking about the four titles with known daybill images available to see. Your archives show that an Australian daybill of Superman And The Jungle Devil was sold on 8 / 15 /2000. Unfortunately an image isn't available. Perhaps Bruce may be able to ask Matt if he is able to retrieve the image and instate it on the eMovieposter website and also post it here, as I am sure there are a lot of members that would be very keen to sight it.
    A lurker sent this image to me.

• and some more

• Loving 'Carve her name with pride' Rick. 
  • Thank you to David and the lurker for Superman And The Jungle Devil image.

Some nice images Rick. The Beat Generation by far the rarest. First time I have sighted one. Any chance you could inform me who the printed is ?

• Not amazing, but I couldn't say no! 

• The Imformers is raw but appealing. Sweet paper fellas.
  • Dave if only lurkers could talk. Great to see that image.
  • Rick, that Operation Bullshine. Never seen that puppy.
  • Hondo, Beat Generation is a Chromo Print. First time I'd seen one as well so I was quick to nab it to sit within my Mamie Van Doren daybill collection.
  • Is there a daybill for Sex Kittens go to College?
  • Love The Informers...something about it!

• MRick said:
    Is there a daybill for Sex Kittens go to College?
    Yes there will be a Paramount daybill out there somewhere, along with mamie's College Confidential.
  • Matt said:
    The Imformers is raw but appealing. Sweet paper fellas.

Love The Informers...something about it!

A New Zealand daybill printed for Rank N.Z. distributors. Somewhere out there is bound to be a full colour BEF Australian daybill. It would be interesting to see what it looks like.
  • Rick said:
    Hondo, Beat Generation is a Chromo Print. First time I'd seen one as well so I was quick to nab it to sit within my Mamie Van Doren daybill collection.

Thanks for that information.
  • Keep them coming Wil. Many titles that you have shared with us haven't been sighted before to my knowledge. The Goodbye Again, Chief Crazy Horse and The Stranger's Hand Australian daybills that appear in your latest batch fall into this category. The French film Hold Tight For The Satellite ( aks Sputnik  ) title is a New Zealand daybill. I cannot be 100% certain but it appears it wasn't released theatrically in Australia as far as I can see.
  • HONDO said:
    Keep them coming Wil. Many titles that you have shared with us haven't been sighted before to my knowledge. The Goodbye Again, Chief Crazy Horse and The Stranger's Hand Australian daybills that appear in your latest batch fall into this category. The French film Hold Tight For The Satellite ( aks Sputnik  ) title is a New Zealand daybill. I cannot be 100% certain but it appears it wasn't released theatrically in Australia as far as I can see.
    No problem I'll see what I can do.  B)

I'm looking at a large collection in two weeks, fingers crossed there'll be a couple of gems hidden within.
  • Informers is awesome
  • NZ daybills are the equivalent to canadian one sheets.
  • There were three others in this find, however I opted to pass due to the heavy handed censorship for the domestic violence on 'Madame X' and the hint of naked thigh on 'The Main Attraction' & 'Cairo'. I also recall seeing untouched Australian versions of at least Madame X.

• Some nice paper there Rick & Wil
  • edited February 2017

Love The Informers...something about it!

Matt said:
    The Imformers is raw but appealing. Sweet paper fellas.

Thanks Vesna/Matt, It reminds me of an old Dick Tracy cartoon.
  • Well thanks to John, I am done to just more outstanding in the Jerry Lewis collection.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY...If ANYONE comes across the daybill for My Friend Irma, please oh please hit me up!

The second last one needed was Sailor Beware...now I can scratch that off the list!