Skip to content

Haul Breakdown

Comments

• Indeed, you should see the 30 Cleopatra Jones! ;) 

• Thanks.  It is quite stunning...stands out to me anyway.  Any artist info on it?  The daybill is er, as to be expected.
    Not that I recall, just printed in England etc. It's now back in the box but I can fish it out tomorrow. 

The daybill number x 10+, versus the Quad x 1, a pity it wasn't reversed, although the bills do have a certain appeal in person.

Nah, no need, just thought you might have caught one if it was there.  Thanks again.
  • What size is the Vatican?  With the corner out of it?  QUAD?
    44 hectares (110 acres), and a population of 842, it is the smallest state in the world by both area and population.

• And quite possibly a 'one off!'  ;)
    That's the way I like 'em :)
  • 2nd set of daybills are great, Wil! Fantastic haul so far!
  • Change of plan today and was able to hit another 5 boxes, 3/4 tat, the remainder was a bit of a mixed bag, stand out moments was a stack of Bullitt's, 4 Godfather 'yellow/orange' 2nd prints, Italian Jobs x 2 (white border trimmed :s ) and a stack of Pink Floyds: The Wall. 

Also a fair wack of Stock, of which I'll show you a few.

• Top stuff Will!
  • edited March 2017
    Well at least the Australian poster artist didn't ruin Galaxina...

What is the Gigi? Just a half sheet...
  • Charlie said:
    Well at least the Australian poster artist didn't ruin Galaxina...

What is the Gigi? Just a half sheet...
    Nope, Title Card, full set of cards stacked below it.  B)
  • Very nice...
  • I see the 1 now that you've clarified...
  • I thought I'd throw on the Predator for the ladies  B)

Actually never seen that one before, its written in English yet printed in Germany. 
  • That is a poster for the ladies?  I thought it was a motivational poster for eliminating a beer belly.
  • Charlie said:
    That is a poster for the ladies?  I thought it was a motivational poster for eliminating a beer belly.
    Really? Just makes me want to... RUN...GO...GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!
  • Enterprising New Zealand film distributor trying to cash in on the popularity of the Carry On films. Watch your Stern altered to Carry On Nauticals, Raising The Wind to Carry On Fiddling and The Big Job to Carry on Crooks. 

• HONDO said:

Enterprising New Zealand film distributor trying to cash in on the popularity of the Carry On films. Watch your Stern altered to Carry On Nauticals, Raising The Wind to Carry On Fiddling and The Big Job to Carry on Crooks. 

Ahh so that's whats going on...thanks Hondo!
  • Lots of snipes...
  • HONDO said:

Enterprising New Zealand film distributor trying to cash in on the popularity of the Carry On films.

Indeed they were, I've already shown/discussed this with a UK based Carry On fan club, they not only love the 'ad hoc' addition of three more Carry On films, but many of them already considered them to be in the 'Carry On' family, along with Sid James 'What a Carve Up'.
  • Also a crying shame that The Man With the Golden Gun 3 Sheet is laminated.
  • Dayaaaaaam!
  • edited March 2017
    Anyone know when the Clockwork Orange R18 one came out? Surely the R20 re-release came first?

If I remember correctly A Clockwork Orange was originally R20 - it was well discussed at school (R20? wow, a must see movie!), we all thought it was stupid we was going to have to wait years to see such a popular movie. IIRC I did see it as a late night double feature with (I think) Rocky Horror (which was R13?) in about 1976/77 with a mate at our local cinema who didn't really care about our ages.

Sometime in the '80s there was a re-release (If a hazy memory serves me well I'd guess around 1984/85) and by then it was R18, but we all had seen it so didn't care, in fact VHS was starting to boom and you could get all sort of movies that you hadn't previously been able to see....
  • Thanks David, I've only just returned from the garage after spending a solid 11 hours straight trawling through another stack of boxes (only 8 remain). I'll post some more images tomorrow if not Tuesday.

Very happy with a couple of finds today from the Deliverance 'Canoe' international advance, some strange Beverly Hills Cop 'Yellow' advances, a nice Stairway to Heaven daybill (only the black application is 1" out of alignment  :s) and a mass of colourful Daybills. 
  • Great stuff Wil! That Glenn Miller Story is tops!!!
  • Great stuff Wil! That Glenn Miller Story is tops!!!
    This very early 1960's re-release has a printing error on the poster. Has anyone noticed ?
  • I've got about 200 50's/60's daybills to photograph (which could take some time) so in the meantime here's some of the odds and sods.

Including the 'Cinerama' version of the BOTB 3 Sheet and the Deliverance International Advance.

EMP listes the 'grey' Dirty Harry as both an Aussie Window Card and a NZ 'Poster', I'm more inclined to go with the NZ one.

• TEXAS CHAINSAW!!!!!!
  • 110x75 said:
    TEXAS CHAINSAW!!!!!!
    I KNOW!!!!!!
  • HONDO said:
    Great stuff Wil! That Glenn Miller Story is tops!!!
    This very early 1960's re-release has a printing error on the poster. Has anyone noticed
    The printer's name is spelt incorrectly. Messed up the word Advertising.
  • Right, a 'few' more daybills to add, mainly 50's - 60's with the odd one either side of that. Nothing to spectacular and runs from great artwork to shocking efforts! 

As said earlier, it was a crying shame that the printing on 'Stairway to heaven' was off (surprised W.E Smith let it go), however it's likely the main reason it survived being used.

As always no particular order, Enjoy.