Skip to content

Haul Breakdown

124»

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Hi i picked up a small qty of 70s daybills. They collected from 1969 to 1973.approx dual..Godfather...there was a clockwork orange with R rating... cant explain it. 
    Ive seen two full color Clockwork Orange daybills with exactly the same artwork  except one has R rating and the other did not (i thinkJR has one without R ) 

• HONDO said:

Over to David now for his comments

You still here Lawrence?
  • Yes participating on this thread, but only until I hear your reply, then I will be in the extensive category of forum lurkers.

• Lurk away extensively
  • HONDO said:

Just received from my contact at the New Zealand Government Classification Office the following reply, and is reproduced, unaltered, word for word, as follows.

''Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for your email. From what I can find, the only classification in 1984 was this one.

Restricted to persons 20 years and over and to 6th form, 7th form and tertiary students under that age only if the film is a legitimate part of their study curriculum and written consent is supplied by the parent or guardian of any such student under 18 years of age.

In most ways this still meant the film was R20. We do have a classification record for 1988 however, making the film R18. It's possible that there is a missing record which shows the film being classified R18 in 1984, however I think this is doubtful as this would mean the film was classified twice in the same year and given very different classifications. More likely is that there has been some error along the way leading the incorrect date going up on our website ( which I'll have to change!).

I hope this is helpful and sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,                                                                                                                                                                            H.''

Over to David now for his comments

Nothing to comment on here David ? I wonder why ?
  • Now no more comments as I am ''just lurking''.
  • We'll drink to that.  Sometimes a break is good.

• HONDO said:
    Now no more comments as I am ''just lurking''.
    David gives positive feedback

• Anyone know when the Clockwork Orange R18 one came out? Surely the R20 re-release came first?
    Well it looks like the war I started (although that may not be strictly true) has come to a end!  B)

• Just trawling back through one of the 'S' boxes looking for adult titles and stumbled on a couple of nice titles that I missed on my first sweep.

A shame 'The Sting' wasn't the rarer design and the 4 x Stones turned out to be 2 x Aussie and 2 of the dire NZ photocopies!

• Manage to get through a few more boxes this week, a couple of nice finds, although not worth a great deal, a pity the swan lakes were trimmed and the Twisted Nerve UK One Sheet had it's scissors painted over!

And a crying shame that 'You Only Live Twice (with the reversed credits?) was so mistreated!

• Oh dear great posters treated with contempt. Thanks for showing them Wil!

• Matt said:

Oh dear great posters treated with contempt. Thanks for showing them Wil!

I know, I just sent 40 odd specimens off for restoration and/or backing today, luckily there were multiples of most of them that'll clean up well. But unfortunately only one of the Bond, I think the credit reversals pretty quirky, so may opt to leave it on, the slashes and holes may be a tad tricky to hide, although it is a keeper, so not overly problematic.
  • A poster saved is better than a poster in the bin. Well done!
  • edited April 2017

Matt said:

A poster saved is better than a poster in the bin. Well done!

I swear someone on this forum hired a skip bin and binned some posters????  :D !!!
  • He did.

It was me.

They were shit.

They were shiny.

You can't buy the movie on DVD nor see on You Tube.

There's a reason.

Good posters need WALL SPACE!

:p

• i took about six station wagon loads to the tip, like Matt they were shit, though i'd imagine 13 years later there might have been a few i wish I'd kept.
    Thanks again for the photos Wil.
  • Indeed! Some really nice stuff Wil!