Skip to content

April 2017

Comments

• Fantastic haul Paul! 
  • "She had a face only a Mummy could love"

Classic!

• The gorgon rules Paul. And it seems to be fresh out of the printer
  • Never used, just a tiny cross fold tear..  
  • Voodoo Tiger is super! Great artwork!
  • Forgot I picked this up a few months ago as it came in a package with some daybills... =)

it'll need a strong deacidification, bleaching & some restoration, but it's another to my Hope collection which I hope to keep adding to... ;)

They Got Me Covered - 1 Sht

• Sweet!
  • I do like me some Bob Hope.  Been after the Quads for the road films, can't find any..

Nice pick up.

• edited April 2017
    Yeah thats nice Mark..i like the expressions on their faces!!
  • Another just through the door...

• Wow!  I love it and have never seen it before.  Frankenstein is really strong... ;)
  • Or she's very light.. =)
  • That is a ripper Paul!! Is it US or UK 3 sheet? Never seen it
  • It's a US 3 Sheet, can't remember what the UK one looks like...  must be old age...
  • I'm no collector of horror, but that's a sweet poster, Paul! Very cool! :plus_one:
  • Well the 'in laws' finally made in back from Malaysia allowing me to finally get my hands on the 3 bogie heralds.

It's a pity that the rear Casablanca text bleeds through, but in all I'm happy with them.

• Great collector pieces Will! 

• Sven said:

Great collector pieces Will! 

Thanks Sven. How times have changed eh? From "Boffs those Japs" on the front to "Jap Slapping" on the rear! Couldn't print that nowadays.
  • Lovely! Good bunch!
  • edited April 2017
    photo 20170425_122736_001_zpsewvfavyn.jpg
  • edited April 2017
    The Italians DO NOT know how to ship a poster but DO KNOW how to scare the hell out of you:

I found the Tube had been cut both ends (see pic)  no end caps just a bloody napking  and inside all you could see at 1sr was a piece of another poster...when I finally saw this I was already dead...not funny

Anyway. Thought I might just as well share it. What a bloody nightmare.  

photo 20170425_122619_zpslnyhrxggjpg
  • Bloody hell that is scary, oh dear Rosa, i would need a medic.

I could not make out the first picture, i thought it was a slice of bread with chocolate sauce

Its a beautiful locandina! Bogart and Bacall look fantastic! Well done!

Gawwwd..naked tube...SHOCK!

• Mujer, me has asustado!!
    I have a lot of 'to buy' stuff from Italy, but the single idea of italian shipping methods has kept me from doing it.
    Good to see the locandina arrived well. Looks amazing.
  • Sawed off ends? What a shock indeed! 

But what a wonderful poster, Rosa! Congrats! Lovely image and Dark Passage might just be my favorite Bogart/Becall's (let's face it, they're all great!)! The pace of the movie, story, supporting actors/actresses, set in San Francisco, ending! 

And now your poster says it all... :)
  • Thanks @Sven  yes exactly! I felt like i needed a medic. Maaan too young to die of a hear attack..

@ Matiaaaaas joes tío.  Si te lo cuento flipas.  El tipo no lo quiso mandar por  Fedex. Good luck with your shipping.  I won't be buying any more of these soon. Nah.

@Mark so glad you like it! Need to watch the film again Anything with Bogart I can watch. 
  • WTF, Rosa.
    What was in there, Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
  • @jayn_j hahaha yes, it felt like that. I guess the guy just cut a larger tube in halves and used them as locandina tubes.  No flocking idea.
  • Us older people might wanna invest in a defibrillator.

Love the artwork on that Bogart, Rosa!