Skip to content

The Cooking Thread

13»

Comments

• and god damn tasty!
  • It was very tasty indeed! A staycation with the wife stared off with a wonderful meal!
  • Nice. 

The three things my wife doesn't like
  • MEAT!!!!!  Beautiful...
  • Grilled Salmon, with saluted asperagus & mushrooms. Very good.

Oh...and a cold beer...
  • edited October 2016
    Looks good Mr high protein low carb  :)

But seriously salmon on the bbq with veggies or salad is soooo tasty but quick and easy..enjoy!!
  • My wife would go, yumm, Asparagus.
  • Thanks Sven! It was actually very tasty. Previously, I had just cooked the salmon in foil with lemon-this was straight on the grill with some Cajun seasoning. 

@David-agreed! you can hardly go wrong with sautéed  asparagus... ;)

• @David-agreed! you can hardly go wrong with sautéed  asparagus... ;)
    Well except she's a vegan and doesn't like Mushrooms, so nothing else on the plate...  =)
  • Bump!

We have a small grapefruit tree in our backyard, and a massive lemon tree right behind us in our neighbors yard-of which a great deal of branches hang over our block wall! Ok by me!

So today I took on the task of deacidifying...oops...I mean juicing some of them-they won't be any good in a month or two when it really heats up. 

Lemon water aids with digestion and the grapefruit cubes...well they can have vodka poured over them when the summer here really arrives! =)
  • Ruby geapefruits......yummmmmm!!
  • Grapefruit makes me go icky.
  • Dinner as I attempt to lose a few lbs in prep for a getaway weekend in 2 weeks and our summer beach getaway...
    Tilapia with parmesan cheese, seasonings  and broccoli. Both baked for health.

• If you smothered all my meals in broccoli I would drop 50 in a month.  Yuck!  Looks good on your plate though...

• Charlie said:

If you smothered all my meals in broccoli I would drop 50 in a month.  Yuck!  Looks good on your plate though...

Oh, I agree with you 100%! As Newman from Seinfeld called it the "vile weed!" Its tough for me to take, but gotta try to eat a bit healthy every now & then...and to make it worse all I had to wash it down with was water...no heavy German beer on hand  =)
  • edited September 2017
    Ok ladies & gents, it's rib time! A dry rub, 90 mins and several cold ones produce good eats....  :)

• Looking forward to the warmer months here...I miss a good barbie!

• The wife made some very tasty and tender pork tenderloin this evening and served it with one of our favorite kids movies! 
    The Tenderloin. 

Certainly one of my sons favorite movies, and dishes! It went well with the tenderloin!

Ratatouille!  :)
  • Ratatouille - I’ve never had it.  What is in it?  
  • I'll check with wife, but i know it's mostly veggies. no meat; the tomato sauce for me makes it good. 
  • Green chilies roasting on grill. 

Cooling off in water....

Peeling off the roasted skin....

Ready to be diced/chopped & added to sauce....

Baked chicken chimis....

Hot & green chilies used to make sauce....

Ready to eat!....

....of course a beer was close by.... =)
  • Yum!