Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Support Our Sponsors:

Be qick to save!

Now open!

Advertise here - click to read how

April 2017

124»

Comments

• MirosaeMirosae Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭ Daybiller

Brude said:

Wow! So many great posters this April.
    I've been outta commission for a bit, but I did pick up some 'vintage' paper.
    Three half sheets (22x28) and three one sheets (27x41)

I just love these posters Ted , Coraza Negra is gooooooorgeous!
    Rosa -
    Love some paper

Paul said:

Great Haul Ted, liking the Beast with 5 fingers...

Crikey Wil, take some advice from Rosa, and chase this thing, I'm not sure I'd let him put that right, I'd prefer to get it fixed else where...

And on the plus side, last ones of the month...

Picked-up this press book...

And couldn't resist these two...

Wow Paul...dont know where you find these treasures but they sure are gems. The Vikings is a fantastic film !
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Just saw Teds! Cool paper bro! Beast with.5 fingers...hell yeah!
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 3,373 admin

Sure thing, yeah I think his work load is pretty heavy, yet he's more focused on making fast money than maintaining high standards. 

Again, the lack of ownership of faults is my main gripe. Once he's finish what he's currently working on such as my orange bullets, Godfathers and advance deliverance (which I believe he's already started :( ) I may well ask for the rest back and look elsewhere. I've used Poster Mountain and a few others over the years, but the distance and pricing prompted me to give the local guy a chance.

Wow. Those hairs, creases & pen work surprise me. All of that would point to the work done by the restorer. Ive had one poster develop creases outside the fold lines and that was The Jackpot. I had major separations along three fold lines and did not get it back inline correctly prior to laying it down on the Masa. As for hairs? And the pen work? More attention to detail it would seem. I would certainly think there would be someone in Australia who can step up and provide solid linenbacking. 
    Mark
  • BruceBruce Member Posts: 727 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I think you all know I have seen more linenbacked posters than anyone, and what you posted is 100% caused by incorrect backing.

Cut your losses, get back what you can, live with the rest (or have it corrected at added cost) and ask around for someone good and affordable.

Best of luck!
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 5,983 admin
    It's the worst when a paint brush hair gets under a poster.  You don't really find out about it until it dries. Dario recommended using dark brush so you can see them better.

I am thinking an expirement is in order for the wrinkles.  I've been thinking a bit and have hypothesized that if for some reason he applied the poster having large moisture differentials where one part might take longer to dry than the other, these wrinkles might occur.  I'll have to design something to test this.
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    www.movieposterworks.com  | MPW on Facebook
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 265 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    Thanks Rosa, Paul and all.
    I also got a few modern posters along the way...

A hard to find one sheet

A great poster for a great film

My favorite modern poster in many, many years

• CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 5,983 admin
    Sweet!
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    www.movieposterworks.com  | MPW on Facebook
  • collectaholliccollectahollic Member Posts: 288 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    Very nice! Just got back in from watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2, actually for a sequel it's pretty good, also few unexpected cameos from Stallone ect. 
    Wil
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,627 admin

3 top notch modern posters Ted!

That Alien is terrific Ted! 

Rosa -
    Love some paper