Skip to content

June 2017

Comments

• Great haul including at least six very rare daybill posters.

• Good gawd ! What a haul! Did you hire a crack commando squad to infiltrate every nook and cranny on this great Australian land? 

So much to love here ..love revenge creature, lost missile, danger street (super dooper Richardson, one of the best!) ,  and the others 

Well done!  
  • Gee-wilikers, very nice haul there Chris, well done
  • BASTARDO! 

Dag nab it...that Chase and San Quentin are bloody gorgeous!  Not to mention a whole lot of the others! 

Although Desert Fox looks a tad out of place in that bunch :)

DOUBLE BASTARDO!

• Magnificent Chris but i think we need to do something about exporting all these goodies.
  • Nice!
  • Jollyfine Bunch Chris, you won the Lotto..?

• edited June 2017
    Chris!....just great stuff!!!

Early....Sleeping Car then Thousand Eyes are wonderful!
  • Holy treasure trove!

Yes that Desert Fox is out of place, should be at my place.

• Nice pick ups Matias, Charlie and Mark!
  • Chris!....just great stuff!!!

Early....Sleeping Car then Thousand Eyes are wonderful!
    Ditto 

ps. Can I have the In a Lonely Place?
  • Thanks all...been a long time coming.  I hope there will be more to share soon.

PS - Sorry Rosa nope, any Bogie without lipstick is a keeper in these parts ;)
  • Long Wait Australian one sheet

Bombers B-52 Australian one sheet

• Great Long Wait Matt! (but you already knew that)
  • Great Killers and Long Wait!
  • edited June 2017

• Nice pickups Rick. Elvis one sheets..good luck! 
    That gog is a rare one, must watch the movie
  • Great find Matt!
  • Nice one sheets, Matt! ....love the Bombers! 
    @Rick - Kissin' Cousins is sweet! Nice shape. Have seen the movie, little corney at times.... ;)
  • wonder what happened to Gog photo?
  • here it is. I had stored two copies in photobucket and removed the wrong one.
  • edited June 2017
    Rick said:
    wonder what happened to Gog photo?

• edited June 2017
    A few from HA and eBay:

Still the very best movie about the first-year law-school experience, still seared into my memory 25 years later. And I went to a "B" law school (Tulane), I'm sure it's even more intense and mind-blowing at "A+" Harvard.

Doh! I bid on this thinking it was a 1S but it's 30x40. I DON'T HAVE A 30X40 FRAME ANYMORE! I'm hyper-conflicted since buying an MP w/o intent to frame/display it occasionally is crazy-as-hell, like buying a car you never drive, landing a "significant other" you never...er...touch, a vacation home you never visit, etc.

I thought femmes hated MPs but these scantily-clad lasses adore Bond's poster, ha-ha....

Best B&C poster, funny, great art, winner tagline:

Normally don't like violent imagery, but this one was too wacky/weird/cool/rare to pass up:

• Nice acquisitions, Mel. Paper Chase works nicely for 70's imagery & Bond women still resonate today. 
  • Good pick-ups counsel, I vaguely remember both the movie and the TV series (Paper Chase)
  • Good pickup, Mel.  It is sometimes a big deal to pick up a poster that is a good window into your profession.

I have gathered paper on a film called "No Highway in the Sky" for the same reason.  About an aerospace Engineer (Jimmy Stewart) who is investigating a series of airplane crashes and finds out he is travelling on the same model with about the same number of flight hours as the crashed planes.

• Nice Jay. How many posters of your profession do you have then?