Skip to content

Fox Movietone Follies of 1929

SOLD FOR: $501.90

Pretty terrific LCs IMO:

HA image:

Individual LCs with a little PShopping by me:

Comments

• There is only one word needed to describe them. WOW!

• Yup, wow.
  • Spectacular! Love the colors!
  • Well that was unexpected - you having taste... ;)
  • Did you win them, Mel?  I quit bidding at $310 (370 BP)
  • I dont collect lobbies typically, but they are fabulous!
  • No did not bid. BTW HA sold a better set last year for 1.4k:

• Geeze, they are quite lovely - the buyer got a bargain then
  • With this earlier posted image we have a set of eight then. Fabulous all images survived.

• I'll say! And whoever owns them all can own up
  • Fox Movietone Follies Of 1929 in now considered a lost film, as all film prints known to exist were destroyed in fires at the Fox storage facility in New Jersey in 1937. This black and white film also had some Multicolor sequences appearing in the film for its original release. The experimental Grandeur 70mm wide-screen process was used to shoot the film. Grandeur was developed by Fox and used on a small scale in 1929-1931. The most famous film to be shot in this process was the 1930 Raoul Walsh directed film The Big Trail, which starred a very young John Wayne. As this film was shot in both 70mm and 35mm, and with only a few cinemas available to screen 70mm, one would believe Fox Movietone Follies Of 1929 was also filmed in 35mm as well as 70mm.

• edited July 2017
    The foregoing lossless PNG image, polished up in PShop, is in 27x41 1S format/1950x3010px and can be taken to a commercial printer if you so desire. That's what imma gonna do.

PS It's been a public domain image for decades....
  • It'll be nice to see when done.
  • David said:
    It'll be nice to see when done.
    Well it took a while....

Used various and sundry Pshop tools/extensions to clean up/blow up the source images to 150 dpi/27x41" lossless images and uploaded the 75MB images to a commercial printer, which printed them for $30 each:

Public-domain, so you can print, sell, snort etc them:

8 lobby cards printed 27"x41":

Close up and personal:

• nice job