Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Support Our Sponsors:

Be qick to save!

Now open!

Advertise here - click to read how

Hot showers = humid room.

DarioDario Member, Restoration Yoda Posts: 114 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
Let's see what happens. Wall paper glue Left/Nori Right ( no C10H14O in Nori/basic mix )

We can look at this at plenty of angles.

So,

Now we wait. ZzZzzZZzZZZZZzZ

Dario.

Comments

• SvenSven Member Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Hi Dario, interesting! What do you ultimately to find out? Thanks!
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 3,381 admin
    Patience Sven....Come on, Nori paste!!!! ....at least I'm guessing the outcome shouldn't be good for the old wallpaper glue.... ;)
    Mark
  • DarioDario Member, Restoration Yoda Posts: 114 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    edited July 2017
    Ima guessing you are wrong, Mark!

It is a basic paste. No C10H14O

So I think Wall paper might come out as the winner. I am more curious to see how long before we see some spots.

Anyhow I had a snille blixt moment  and thought I should try it in my bath room. It only took 2 min to set it up, so why not.

Best,
    Dario.

Dario-is your experiment some ways back to the discussion regarding the effects of wheat starch based linenbacked posters vs. wallpaper based lin backed posters?

another thought, question: does home made wheat starch require the use of a anti-fungal ingredient? Would this help against humidity in this experiment?

Mark
  • DarioDario Member, Restoration Yoda Posts: 114 ✭✭ One-Sheeter

Yes; I have seen the vs/vs. So I had an idea yesterday and thought I should give it a try.

By no means am I trying to get some silly stuff started here on VMPF ( to old for it )

Was an idea and thought I should share it, that is all.

In fact, the cards are stacked against Mr Nori. (  noThymol )

Yes, you could/should use Thymol for funghi protection in paste or by spray.

Best,

dario.

Looking forward to the results. 

Thanks, thought I'd read (apf or nsfg) where you included an anti fungal in your paste-will find some Thymol and begin including it in future paste. 
    Mark