Skip to content

July 2017

Comments

• Just came across this link/poster, first impressions look pretty promising (apologies if this has already been discussed).

http://movieweb.com/24-x-36-movie-posters-trailer-documentary/

• Yeah, we decided since those aren't really movie posters - fake news...
  • Ah got ya Charlie, I liked it more for the 'moving' 50's era posters at the start of the video. 

• Just in case you would like to know Chris, the Nightmare in Wax daybill, although not credited, was a Roadshow original Australian 1970 release poster.
  • Ah got ya Charlie, I liked it more for the 'moving' 50's era posters at the start of the video. 
    Thanks for posting Wil. Some of the 24x36 areBETTER than original MPs BUT the slobber puppets onExpressoBeans really should buy some original MPs instead of forking over mega bucks for Mondos.
  • edited July 2017
    In fact this Laurent Durieux GWTW 24x36 drew me back into MP collecting in May after a years long break.First, the art on the original MPs is BETTER  than Durieux's but they are IMPOSSIBLY rare and expensive and Durieux is more "creative" than the original MPs. No way in hell the studio would have ever approved this design for theater lobbies but it is "rock star" awesome:

• HONDO said:

Just in case you would like to know Chris, the Nightmare in Wax daybill, although not credited, was a Roadshow original Australian 1970 release poster.

Thanks Lawrence - great info
  • edited July 2017
    These new EMP pickups admittedly are "best of Mel 1.0 redux" but just deal with it....

Good news is that I'm tired of all these Yankee posters and am ordering new Italian and French 1P frames TODAY from Spotlight Displays so I can diversify my Mel 2.0 stuffz with superior int MPs:

Insanely great IMO and I actually like the wacky Canada censor stamp and "Naturama" inanity:

Blood red deadliness is almost as stellar as the Jaws 1 MP. Again, liking the dopey tape. In Round 1, I would have thrown a hissy fit over such imperfections but now appreciate they show the history....

Yeah I know I'm pervy for enjoying Bisset's desperate struggle to reach the surface but that's the way 5 Star Collectors/Jerks roll. BTW I fondly recalled the movie from the VCR era but the last time I saw it I deemed it a "hot mess" at best:

The rerelease ROTLA crushes the OR IMO:

Well I thought I was 100% hetero since I first became ... distracted ... by 3rd grade jailbait IN 3RD GRADE. But I've developed a platonic man-crush on RR, great actor, founded the Sundance festival, environmentalist, etc. Really wish he was Prez instead of the Cheeto *sstard:

Well I cluelessly bought the Spanish language version but I'll just deal with it...

Yesterday was the 73rd birthday of the modern bikini, which is my lame excuse for buying this lamo/cheesetastic 1S

Best "blaxploitation" MP with its kookoo pinko titling and crazy taglines. Actually got this off eBay after some kamikaze EMP bidder topped my bid. 

• Well at least you admit you have the same problem.
  • Really nice stuff, Mel! Really like the Jaws 2 & Sp lang Star Trek, colors are brilliant on both. 

As for the ROTLA, the RR is fantastic, but I prefer the simplicity of a serious looking Harrison Ford; I have 4 of the OR all in different formats. 
  • Charlie said:
    Well at least you admit you have the same problem.
    Admitting is the first step, now we can take him out the back...

Just stick with the US1SH and stay away from the French and Italian, no good can come of it.
  • Too late...

• OK...  I think I can stop buying Jacqueline Bisset stills now - it will be pretty hard to top this one that I just picked up:

• Copycat! Drool....
  • Copycat?  Did someone else pick this up?  There was a studio still that sold...
  • HereComesMongo said:
    Too late...

Bugger.
  • Expect a phone call from a large man drinking copious amounts of coffee in Malvern.

Sweet Snow White btw!!!

• edited July 2017
    Matt said:

Sweet Snow White btw!!!

STFU

Don't encourage him.
  • Oohhhh mmmmyyyyy! That Snow White, is amazing! Congrats!
  • And a 1936 herald for an Aussie film.

• UK quad

some sore of flyer thingo for Jaws

• Rick said:
    And a 1936 herald for an Aussie film.

Which should be mine...
  • Matt said:

Expect a phone call from a large man drinking copious amounts of coffee in Malvern.

Heyyyy waddyamean "large"?
  • David said:
    Matt said:

Expect a phone call from a large man drinking copious amounts of coffee in Malvern.

Muscular large i would suspect 
  • Sven said:
    David said:
    Matt said:

Muscular large i would suspect 
    Matt meant that? Yeah riiiiiiight...
  • There's a post somewhere where you said that you were large, not that I can find it.

I meant tall. Ummmm....I'm not back peddling here....

• edited July 2017
    It's obviously had its upper blank section (and slither of lower bank border) trimmed, but I couldn't say no  =)

• It's obviously had its upper blank section (and slither of lower bank border) trimmed, but I couldn't say no  =)

Nice, Will! Love it!  =)
  • It's obviously had its upper blank section (and slither of lower bank border) trimmed, but I couldn't say no  =)

Nice, Will! Love it!  =)
    Ha Ha thanks smart arse!  =)

i obviously need to bail on Photobucket and sign up for another 'free' site!