Skip to content

July 2017

Comments

• If you want the regular matt...I have one, but not the advance.

Yeah, I'll take it. Thanks!
  • The only problem with the Advance is the ludicrous decision to add the low flying out of scale Stuka aircraft along the top. 
  • OK, A couple of new ones, (also a test)..

• Orient Express is really nice! :rock_on:
  • The Annabelle is nice too!
  • Nice. What are you testing?
  • Love T2 and the movie. One of the first movies to use CGI and one of the last action films that balanced CGI and rreal life effects, but maybe i have a soft spot for arnie in his peak! 
  • David said:
    Nice. What are you testing?
    If I can post pics from Facetube....

• Matt said:
    If you want the regular matt...I have one, but not the advance.

Yeah, I'll take it. Thanks!

I'll put it aside for you, can grab it next time you come over for a cuppa.
  • Liking that Orient Express Paul!
  • The Dunkirk talk got me thinking about other British war films. Did the 1946 Battle of Arnhem film 'Thiers is the Glory' ever get a showing in Australia? and subsequent daybill design? Thanks.
  • The Dunkirk talk got me thinking about other British war films. Did the 1946 Battle of Arnhem film 'Thiers is the Glory' ever get a showing in Australia? and subsequent daybill design? Thanks.

Received a limited showing in Australia. First release in Sydney only happened in 1948. The film would most likely have been released by British Empire films and a daybills would have been printed. I have never sighted one but there is bound to be some examples hopefully out there somewhere.
  • HONDO said:
    The Dunkirk talk got me thinking about other British war films. Did the 1946 Battle of Arnhem film 'Thiers is the Glory' ever get a showing in Australia? and subsequent daybill design? Thanks.

Received a limited showing in Australia. First release in Sydney only happened in 1948. The film would most likely have been released by British Empire films and a daybills would have been printed. I have never sighted one but there is bound to be some examples hopefully out there somewhere.
    Thanks, I thought you'd come through on that one. Yes, I'd certainly be keen on viewing that daybill, had family at Dunkirk and Arnhem, I've got the 58' Dunkirk Daybill, Theirs is the Glory would be a nice find if it's still out there. 
  • HONDO said:
    The Dunkirk talk got me thinking about other British war films. Did the 1946 Battle of Arnhem film 'Thiers is the Glory' ever get a showing in Australia? and subsequent daybill design? Thanks.

Thanks, I thought you'd come through on that one. Yes, I'd certainly be keen on viewing that daybill, had family at Dunkirk and Arnhem, I've got the 58' Dunkirk Daybill, Theirs is the Glory would be a nice find if it's still out there. 

Have you seen Theirs Is The Glory ? Many years ago this film was shown on a few occasions on ABC television in  Australia in the early hours of the morning. I got to have a look at it from one of the screenings of it that I recorded.

Have you seen the U.K. film Their Finest from last year? A documentary is made on an incident surrounding the Dunkirk evacuation as part of the plot. A very enjoyable well made film.

• Yes, actually quite a number of times, I was a Paratrooper as well as my father ect. and every year before we set off to commemorate operation Market Garden and visit Arnhem we'd watch Theirs is the Glory and A Bridge to Far in our barrack rooms. I actually prefer TITG, real soldiers (vast majority were Arnhem vets) and also filmed on location. 

My father tells me that it played on British television again this week, which spurred my interest again.

He's got one of the original tickets to the premier at home. They were made from aluminium that was salvaged from the Gliders used in the operation and stamped with large Pegasus's (brigade flash).
  • Thanks Wil for sharing that great information. On further checking  I found the film had a number of screenings in Australia in 1948 around Australia, mainly as a supporting film on a double bill programme.
  • OK, Some older stuff...

This Quad is from a re-release from around 1940... Never seen a first release UK poster.

• Yes, actually quite a number of times, I was a Paratrooper as well as my father ect. and every year before we set off to commemorate operation Market Garden and visit Arnhem we'd watch Theirs is the Glory and A Bridge to Far in our barrack rooms. I actually prefer TITG, real soldiers (vast majority were Arnhem vets) and also filmed on location. 

My father tells me that it played on British television again this week, which spurred my interest again.

He's got one of the original tickets to the premier at home. They were made from aluminium that was salvaged from the Gliders used in the operation and stamped with large Pegasus's (brigade flash).
    Good stuff Wil, love the history. 
  • Paul said:
    OK, Some older stuff...

This Quad is from a re-release from around 1940... Never seen a first release UK poster.

You are the Quadmaster! Very sweet. 
  • What's the door panel from Paul?
  • edited July 2017
    The Silencers, Dean Martin's Matt Helm ..
  • ahhh

were these part of the set?

• Yep, that's the set of them, 5 to go.....yikes.
  • Shouldn't take you long...
  • Rear Window 1962 US re-issue one sheet has arrived.
  • I think the Bee chewed through her bra? 

• Love this quad.

Good for you, Paul!
  • Funny!

Nice one Wil
  • Thanks Ted, one you don't see everyday...

That Deadly Bees has made me want to watch the film, ain't seen it in years...

• Paul said:

That Deadly Bees has made me want to watch the film, ain't seen it in years...

I watched it the other night. I must admit I was very entertained by Suzanna Leigh's attempt to keep the bees out of the bathroom by hitting the floor with a towel, whilst wearing the white revealing bra!  B)