Skip to content

Unusual Martin And Lewis French Film Poster

Scared Stiff ( 1953 ) U.S. one sheet and a French grande film poster.

With the French poster depicting only Jerry Lewis's image, it got me thinking how unusual this is, and I cannot remember ever seeing a film poster of any other Martin and Lewis film where Dean Martin's image doesn't appear. 

Comments

• Sad news just received is that Jerry Lewis has passed away at age 91. Another legend no longer with us but his films remain to remind us of what a comedy genius he was. 

•  :o

Lewis-a-thon this weekend...just a few of my favourites.

•  Found this image only today, which I had never seen before. Just in case anyone else also hasn't seen it.
  • The man made me laugh 'til I cried when I was a kid.
  • Great picture.

Definitely a movie marathon this weekend!

• A thought regarding the Scared Stiff French grande poster.Seeing Jerry has been revered as a comic genius in France, and more that anywhere else, it only seems appropriate that a poster just featuring his image, leaving out Dean's image, happened in France.  
  • The Nutty Professor has to be one of my favourite Jerry Lewis films and the lovely Stella Stevens was a bonus.

• edited August 2019

Sailor Beware ( 1952 ) advertising displayed ourside at the Mayfair Theatre Times Square New York.
  •  :o 

I reckon I could find a way to fix this onto the front of my house...err...gonna need a bigger house