Skip to content

When nobody wants to post thread....

Comments

• Just watched footage on our local television news and things look really bad. All the very best wishes for everyone there.
  • Thanks for the positive vibes...
  • Charlie might be absent for a bit as tens of thousands are without power in his neighborhood.  They've already received 25 in of rain in some areas and are expecting as much as another 25 over the next two days.

What a frigging nightmare.  I saw one warning that said "if your uppermost floor was unsafe, get on the roof NOW."

I pray Charlie, his ladies and their posters make it safe through this catastrophe.
  • NOTHING BUT POSITIVE WAVES MAN...NOTHING BUT POSITIVE WAVES!
  • We have been really lucky.  We picked a good spot, no flooding in our part of the neighborhood and we haven't lost power yet (fingers crossed)... They are having to release the reservoirs, which our drainage goes into. So that will help even more.  But please send prayers for all those impacted - it is going to be one of the worst disasters ever in the US... My family and I will take a few as well since we aren't out of the woods yet.  All the posters are up off the floor if the worst should happen!

Thanks for the good vibes and prayers...
  • Take care bud!
  • Thought this song is appropriate for the people of Texas especially Houston during this time. It's your recovery song.

• Charlie, good to hear you and yours are all well.

These elderly residents at a flooded nursing home in Dickinson have all been rescued -- by helicopter.

What a nightmare.
    I hope they got the cat...
  • Unreal...   Take care Charlie, sod the posters as long as the girls are OK..
  • I saw that elders pic on FB it was shocking to see.
  • Damn, man. That sucks, bad.
  • We complain a lot about the heat here in Az, but the flooding hitting Houston & others in Texas is catastrophic! Hope you are continuing to hold up well Stevens family, and pray the flood waters will start receding soon. 
  • edited August 2017
    We are still dry.  The down stream reservoir is 3 tenths of an inch from the top and will top the spillway mid-morning today. It should not impact my family but will impact many closer to the reservoir. 

Thought I would try to put the storm in some type of perspective using the reservoir.  Addicks was built in the 1940s.  It has a capacity of 200,000 acre-feet (248,000,000 cubic meters)... Note: They have been releasing water (for the first time during a storm) from the gates for over 24 hours (9.8 million cubic meters) The record event was 123,000 acre-feet (151,800,000 cubic meters) last year when 200 homes in my neighborhood were flooded. It is currrently at 178,000 acre-feet (219,500,000 cubic meters)... 68,000,000 cubic feet over the record event in almost 80 years.

In Olympic Swimming Pools

Capacity - 99,200
    Revord event - 60,720
    Harvey (current) - 87,800
    Amount over record (current) - 27,080
    Released over last 24 hrs - 3,912
    Total Amount above record (current) - 30,992: Approximately double the record event...

• FAR OUT...glad to hear all is well with you and yours, and fingers crossed it stays that way.

More positive waves out there for those impacted, and still in harms way.

• The sun came out today and life seemed normal for an instance.  Then I got a social media call for dog crate donations because evacuees were showing up at shelters with their fur babies... What a mess!  I gladly donated the spare crate I have for when my sister visits...  My family is so blessed.
  • Saw today that levee was over flowing today in a county near Houston. Great news to hear your family safe & your property spared. 
  • Harry and Originals Vintage Movie Posters in Katy TX got 22" of water in their shop. They have posted that no poster were lost though.
  • Charlie said:
    Harry and Originals Vintage Movie Posters in Katy TX got 22" of water in their shop. They have posted that no poster were lost though.
    Save the children!
  • Feck the paper, as long as the people are ok!
  • I think someone is trying to stiff me out of some posters....nothing great...actually stuff I have bought for someone else.

First time in AGES!!!!!

Surely in this day and age people would know better seeing as how paypal almost always takes the buyers side.

Will give them till the end of next week then paypal claim...

We'll see!

• Oh no Ves - he/she should know better than to mess with you!  :o
  • Charlie said:
    The sun came out today and life seemed normal for an instance.  Then I got a social media call for dog crate donations because evacuees were showing up at shelters with their fur babies... What a mess!  I gladly donated the spare crate I have for when my sister visits...  My family is so blessed.

So how did you and yours fair in it all Charlie?  All good I hope.

The pictures I've seen look devastating...

And now another one down south!  I don't know of anyone down there on this forum, but hopefully Irma isn't as bad as they are predicting.  I feel for you guys there...just seems like there is no relief!

• We ended up fine.  Holiday and Brandon (Neo) are in Florida but I haven't check up on them yet.
  • Yeah Irma looks insane. I think Brandon is in Sarasota? Right across from Tampa Bay which will take a big hit. Thoughts & prayers for all those in Fl right now. 
  • Oh dear...keep us informed and good luck. The pics we are getting in Aus look horrific.
  • Holiday responded that he and his family are ok and evacuated...  Brandon hasn't chimed in yet.  My crazy cousin in Tampa keeps shooting videos and posting them on facebook.
  • edited September 2017

Some sellers are just FUCKED in the head!  ARGH!  Why even bother sometimes!

(sorry for the language...got it out of my system now)

• Who? Why?