Skip to content

New Zealand Film Poster Distribution

In the past New Zealand film distributors have used various Countries film poster material to promote there product for release there. Australia, U.S.A. and the U.K. were the providers. The following example is interesting in that a U.S.A. one sheet had a snipe added from Australian paper.

U.S.A. one sheet adapted for the New Zealand release.  Australian daybill printed for Australian release. The original U.S.A. release poster.

The Flim-Flam Man from 1967 is an interesting example of where 20th Century Fox, the Australian and New Zealand film distributor, decided to adapt the U.S. one sheet for the New Zealand release, instead of just using the Australian one sheet design with ''One Born Every Minute'' appearing on it. As simple as this sounds they opted to add a snipe with the new overseas title which was taken from Australian material, and add the words ''N.Z. title'' alongside it.

Comments

• Printed in New Zealand daybill for the New Zealand release of Among The Headhunters ( 1955 ). I cannot find any record of this film being released in Australia. I don't know if I should like this design or Not ? I am sort of 50 / 50.

• I LOVE IT!  This style of daybill is really growing on me...I know, I know...I definitely have issues.
  • Armand Denis was a REALLY unusual guy! He had explored Africa and India in the 1930s with his wife Leila Roosevelt, and had produced and directed many short subjects with footage of their travels that he and his wife had shot themselves.

In 1948, the 52 year-old Armand Denis divorced Roosevelt, and married 34 year-old Michaela Holdsworth, and together they made four movies (very similar to those he had made with his first wife).

The daybill above is the first poster I have ever seen from Among The Headhunters. I have auctioned an English pressbook (see http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/16254814.html).

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• This U.K. quad is great.

•  Michaela Denis in 1950 acted as Deborah Kerr's stunt double in King Solomon's Mines.
  • Oh they're the Under The Southern Cross pair!  Took me this long to register!  Knew the names seemed familiar!