Skip to content

September 2017

Comments

• Wow Ves, have you met Aladdin and found them in his cave? What a great bunch, I agree with Lawrence, Top Secret is fantastic!
  • great stuff Vesna
  • Always thought that Genevieve was such a good looking poster...congrats on that and the others!
  • edited September 2017

Gorgeous poster Rosa.

The on my want list for friggen ages and then everyone puts them out there at the same time making it a friggen expensive month or two or three for me, BUT FINALLY THEY BE MINE purchases.

What the heck is "Pagan Love Song" about? Silly title :0

I posted "Killers" in another thread before seeing it here. Congrats!
  • I remember ''Pagan Love Song"" as being a very trivial film with little in the way of plot,  but at the same time very entertaining. A retired American school teacher arrives in Tahiti to inherit a run down plantation, left to him in a will. Howard Keel sings and Esther Williams swims and along with a very young Rita Moreno look gorgeous.
  • I remember Pegan Baby by CCR...
  • @Mirosae, sweet Bogart!  :)

@Ves, fantastic Daybills! Love 20,000, Joan of Arc & Arsenic & Old Lace is so much fun!
  • edited September 2017
    I haven't really been super excited about something in a long time...  For years now I have been keeping a Band of Brothers saved search on my eBay looking for the 27x40 HBO one sheet.  Nope, still didn't find it but I found something I didn't even know existed and for sure better!  An original pre-release press kit for the special premier screening popped up on eBay.  It even had the original invitation in it.  I had never seen this before!  Super excited!  There were also 10 slides of scenes from the series...

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled UntitledUntitled
  • edited September 2017
    Charlie , i regularly watch Band of Brothers and can understand your excitement on this great find! Well done, i like it a lot!
  • edited September 2017
    Top pick-up Christie, Charlie (damn spellcheck) a most excellent series
  • Titanic find! Very cool! I love Band of Brothers! It was suchan great series. Have seen some stuff here & there, but that's nice! Spiers was awesome! Will need to break out my dvds. 
  • Congratulations Charlie.  Always nice to stumble upon something that is perfect for your collection.

• The I fell in love with the minute I saw it but couldn't afford it purchase.

The on my want list for friggen ages and then everyone puts them out there at the same time making it a friggen expensive month or two or three for me, BUT FINALLY THEY BE MINE purchases.

Both are spectacular Ves - congrats!  You're lucky I have the Aussie one sheet for Sorry, Wrong Number or I would be mounting a raiding expedition for that superb daybill!
  • Matt said:

I'm guessing that copy of Joan of Arc would measure well short of 13 inches wide. About 2 thirds of copies I've seen are just over 12.5 inches wide while a few measure just under 13 inches.

I'm guessing that's because 3 were printed side by side on a sheet and for what ever reason the left side were cut wider.

This has been my experience with many RKO daybills - usually anywhere from 12.25 to 12.75 inches wide which really causes issues when your mat boards are cut to a certain size! :|
  • Spanish lobby cards for "FUEGO".
    Many thanks to the best girl from Spain for the help with these. ;)

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 03jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 02jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 01jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 06jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 05jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 04jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 09jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 08jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 07jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 12jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 11jpg

1969 - Fuego - ES - Fotocromo 10jpg

• Sexy sexy there Mathias, and team effort to boot!

Congrats.

I normally stay away from the big stuff but I always loved this one, and so wish it was used for the smaller One Sheet format:

• Sweet pickups guys!

Great Mad Max poster, it's a pity I haven't watched the whole movie yet. Fell asleep last time.

• Matt said:

Sweet pickups guys!

Great Mad Max poster, it's a pity I haven't watched the whole movie yet. Fell asleep last time.

Yeah it was on the telly a while back so I recorded...can't say I am in a mad rush to watch it, though I did hear she was very good...your review does not leave me with high hopes!
  • edited September 2017

Sold one years ago so had to get another.

Gunfight at the OK Coral daybill.

George in Civvy Street daybill.

Snipe change are all printed, not glued for the record.

• The Formby artwork is super cute!

Congrats!  We should start a "I sold it but wish I didn't thread..."

• Great first half of the month guys and gals!
  • Some nice pickups there crew!
  • Sexy sexy there Mathias, and team effort to boot!

Congrats.

I normally stay away from the big stuff but I always loved this one, and so wish it was used for the smaller One Sheet format:

I've gotta watch this, with these reviews:

• Mel there is probably far too much gratuitous violence in Fury Road for your tastes ;)
  • Fury Road is awesome.
  • Mel there is probably far too much gratuitous violence in Fury Road for your tastes ;)
    Yes I'm easily traumatized.....

• The fire spitting bungee guitarist made the film for me...
  • edited September 2017
    Yes I'm easily traumatized.....

My wife will watch almost any crime docos, serial killer et al, almost all horror films - but not me (except Breaking Bad which is getting a well deserved re-run in our home).

About the only genre we agree on is Sci-Fi, although she has seen every Stars Wars and we know my position on it...