Skip to content

Ruby daybill

Two different styles of a Ruby daybill

Comments

• Interestingly the image on the left is minus the distributor's name.
  • Maybe the one on the left was for NZ, with the R16 sticker?

• Perhaps the New Zealand distributor wasn't Roadshow?
  • I've only ever seen the image on the left with a NZ censor stamp (if someone has one without one, let me know - it's on my wants list!). It seems to be a pretty exact copy of the US artwork:

I've seen a couple of NZ daybills that have been happy to take on the more graphic horror content whereas the AUS equivalent chooses to soften (or eliminate) the image.
  • Man, I read that as Rudy...  I got all excited.
  • Pancho said:
    I've only ever seen the image on the left with a NZ censor stamp (if someone has one without one, let me know - it's on my wants list!). It seems to be a pretty exact copy of the US artwork:

I've seen a couple of NZ daybills that have been happy to take on the more graphic horror content whereas the AUS equivalent chooses to soften (or eliminate) the image.

This poster is currently up for auction on Bruce's site as one of fifty daybills in a bulk lot. The consignor seems to be from New Zealand judging by N.Z. censorship ratings appearing on the majority of the posters. Although printed by M.A.P.S. here in Australia it appears that this version of  Ruby, without Roadshow printed on it, was for New Zealand only. All previous copies sighted have the New Zealand censorship stamp applied to the poster so I believe backs up our thoughts that this occured .

• Following up on previous conversations on this thread, this Roadshow credited Australian one sheet is minus an applied N.Z. censorship rating stamp. Not saying anything, but only presenting and commenting on this poster. You can draw your own conclusions now regarding the daybill version of this particular image.