Skip to content

Yeah, so, I am watching this..,

Comments

• I always watch for the guy falling down as the locals run down the hill to attack the overseers.
  • BBC Auschwitz Documentary on Netflix...  Pretty fascinating and sad.
  • Sunset Boulevard and then Breakfast at Tiffany's were on the telly today.

Sunset is such a great movie....Swanson still stops me in my tracks!

• That orange cat... I have to admit I've never watched Sunset Blvd. I'll have to give it a go.
  • Finished off The Love Lottery last night...just as expected...sweet and funny.

Then moved on to The Place Beyond The Pines...mixed bag for me.  Like where it went story wise but the end kinda didn't feel right.

• High Country...good old Aussie film.  Exactly what you would expect from the 80s...
  • Lady Killers in on the telly!  YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Original? 
  • Yah!  Love the Coen Brothers, but man that was one crappy remake!
  • Key Largo...my first time.  Really liked this one.  I dunno is it just me but when she is around actors of this calibre, Bacall looks out of place...my two cents.

Next up:

• Angel Face was excellent as well (even though you could see the ending coming a mile away)

Simmons was wonderful...Mitchum in Night Of The Hunter is still the best I've seen him!

• Angel Face is excellent viewing. It was a great roll for Jean Simmons. I thought Mitchum was great in Cape Fear and he delivered a more chilling performance than DeNiro did playing the same part in the remake.
  • Picked up Sunset Blvd... Barnes and Noble had an AFI top 100 and a very nice sale.  I replaced a few VHS copies too!
  • Finished Sunset Blvd. it was a great film - not that crazy about Swanson's creepy fingers and over dramatic acting but maybe that was part of her character? Really enjoyed Nancy Olson (Betty) the most and Max was a good character.
  • Nice collection. Vertigo may be Stewart's best in that trio. 
  • You know, in 20 years kids are not going to know what those things are.
  • edited September 2017
                                                                                                                  Victoria & Abdul is a fascinating film based on a true story, that only came to light in 2010. See the film and you will find out why. Judy Dench is amazing.
  • Charlie said:
    Finished Sunset Blvd. it was a great film - not that crazy about Swanson's creepy fingers and over dramatic acting but maybe that was part of her character? Really enjoyed Nancy Olson (Betty) the most and Max was a good character.

Love Sunset Boulevard...for me Swanson was perfect as Norma...a product of her time and history.  Remember Norma was a huge silent film star, so her expressions and "over acting" would have been everything in her career...

I spy On The Waterfront too.  Another fantastic one!

• Yeah, not one I would watch again...had its moments but found it hard work to get to the end.  Still love the poster though!

• I tried to watch Assassin's Creed and fell asleep 3 times on 4 attempted viewings.
  • Isn't that a video game?
  • It is a video game they made into a movie...
  • Just finished a Kevin Costner double-bill, neither of which I haven't seen since theatrical release -- Dances With Wolves and The Untouchables.
  • DId you catch up with the extended version of Dances With Wolves this time? It does answer a few unanswered questions.
  • Charlie said:
    It is a video game they made into a movie...
    FFS, I can understand why you kept falling asleep....
  • I love The Untouchables.  Connery  was outstanding!
  • HONDO said:
    DId you catch up with the extended version of Dances With Wolves this time? It does answer a few unanswered questions.
    No, I watched the 224 min. version.  Now, I have to play me some catch-up I guess.
  •  

Just finished viewing series 2 of this great U.K. television series. News is, after a cliffhanger ending, that a series 3 hasn't been commissioned, in spite of great ratings and support. Why do well written programs like this, and The Inspector Lynley Mysteries among many others,  get axed when they are pulling big audiences and are very popular with viewers ? Television network executives deserve the boo of the day and what's more this is what a lot of people think of the decision -

• I've long given up on trying to understand how the big wigs make their decisions.  The mind boggles at times!
  • Big money clouds their decisions. I see it all too often.