Skip to content

October 2017

124»

Comments

• Nice lobby, Wil. Looks to be in great shape for its age!
    Apart from the staple marks it's actually not looking to shabby mate, I'm off to hunt around where it came from on Sunday, so I expect to have a few more (early western) title cards in my collection shortly.

As noted earlier, it was the hat that appealed the most. It gives the witches hat from the Wizard of Oz a run for its money for sheet awesomeness! 

• Haven't posted much of late due to the chew of posting pics, but these two are recent ones...   Exorcist is a UK 4 sheet from the first release, pre oscars.
  • Well done Paul they look great! Atom brain has great colors and layout, might be the best paoer out their for this title.  
  • Atom Brain is a ripper
  • A bit of a strange addition today that's obviously been subjected to a bit of 'DIY' by a previous owner.

Rather than having it backed and restored accordingly, they opted to photocopy the good letters, then cut them out and stick them over the ones with tears (for instance the copied 'P' was cut down to sit over the left leg of the 'W'). 

Also the top left Paramount orange strip is an addition as well as being tacked to a black background in the corners.

Still like the artwork though and it may well clean up ok.

• Oh ahhahahahaha...how creative!
  • Atom Brain is cool Paul. Very nice Pampas, Will. Fun resto job whoever gets it!
  • Atom Brain is superb!  Don't know how I missed that one!
  • edited October 2017
    Following on from the earlier daybill and sepia lobby card, I picked up a nice group of inserts and half Sheets today.

• Nice Westerns, Mel. Those 50's Cowboy posters had great images!