Skip to content

Photobucket Disables 3rd Party Hosting

Comments

• Paul said:
    So...... how do we post our pics from facetube?

Click on the pic, the pic pops up as usual- right click/copy image address. Paste here as per normal

• Crikey....

• Will you look at that...

• Hmmm looks like we might be in business - thanks so much for the clear instructions Sven!
  • No worries Chris! 

• David said:
    Will you look at that...

Now, how do I get them on facetube....??   ;-)

• Bad news - most of the older threads are now trashed thanks to PB. This is typical:

Oddly, I continue to use PB w/o problems so far....

• I checked out one of my pre 2016 threads to make a comment on and guess what? There were two pages originally with many images, but now everyone is gone which is sad, as in some cases they were great reference aids.
  • Test...

Brilliant guy that Alton. He developed is craft in the right place, of course... ;)
  • Annoying yes...wish there was a way 1. we could go back fix em, but also remember what the feck we posted where.

On a side note, I actually went into PB last night and deleted all my photos there...no point if I can't get at em.

The ads that keep popping up make it virtually impossible to navigate through!

• edited August 2017
    Really annoying, I imagine over at the forum we dare not mention many years worth of conversations now no longer make sense, that twot Pkar must be having a coronary  trying to reorganise things
  • I'm still using PB but it's just a mater of time until my images turn into digital dust....

• The effort of moving elsewhere is so meh!
  • David said:
    The effort of moving elsewhere is so meh!

I tried...lost interest.

Just using facebook for now.

• 110x75 said:
    Test...

Brilliant guy that Alton. He developed is craft in the right place, of course... ;)
    You know it sir Matias!
  • So which one are you all using now? Ive tried google, flickr, and facetube and niet, cant get around it. Which one is the winner?
  • Mirosae said:
    So which one are you all using now? Ive tried google, flickr, and facetube and niet, cant get around it. Which one is the winner?
    The Google Drive instructions Sven shared worked great for me and that will be my solution going forward
  • Thanks Chris. I might be doing something wrong with Google drive  because I couldnt make it work. But a fellow member suggested trying something else so so will Keep trying.
  • No, PB I am not dumb as a turnip and willing to pay friggin' US$399 annuallyto you.

I unsuccessfully tried a Google search to learn how many had succumbed to such an insane price.

I guess they're not total morons. They probably hired some fancy MBAs who convinced them $399 was the most "profitable price point."

• One does wonder where the price came from
  • My acct started going down in late june. I just started using my free wordpress.com blog as a way to post "3rd Party". That and I have a paid web address that allows me host images. Either way, I can't imagine PB getting too many takers at $399!
  • Happy days are back (at least temporarily).  Google "photobucket embed fix" for either Firefox or Chrome & add the extension to your browser add-ons.  Very easy and quick!

I can see all the photobucket images again =)
  • Thanks Chris, seems to work well!
  • edited July 2018
    Not sure if this means anything, to anybody but I was perusing my linenbacking thread and all my Photobucket images were up!

They all of course were hijacked for the $399 ransom back in the summer of 2017- I now use a free Wordpress acct and another paid website for 3rd party hosting, but I wonder if it's temporary? Unique to my images? Either way, can't trust 'em. 

Anyone else seeing previously hidden images coming back? 

Well, just googled & found this. Good news I guess, but I wonder how many have moved & won't come back. 

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/17/photobucket-image-hosting-plans/

• Too late I think.
    I went in and deleted all my folders and photos at the time.

Too much of a hassle to go back now and still no free 3rd part hosting allowed without payment...
  • yeah, it comes out to about $145/year to host 3rd party images. Imagine that will go up as all prices do. Had they offered that price up at the beginning, I imagine they wouldn't have lost so many customers. $399 and so abruptly, was a bad move. 

Makes me wonder how long my free wordpress.com will host my images for free, should probably start transferring them to my paid site. 

For now though, all my images are back up; on my linenbacking thread and my "collection" thread as well. I'm guessing if i don't ante up, they'll get blocked eventually....
  • I'm still using it even though it's all [bleeped] up! 25% of uploads fail, big mess...
  • was browsing the thread of Richardson Daybills, and noticed that they have "retroactively" added a large intrusive watermark to all the photos that people have posted to the site through them.

Fair enough I guess. My linenbacking thread images have been restored which makes me happy.