Skip to content

Charlie's Photos

My daughter chilling' on my couch at work....

Comments

• I'm not surprised all the work she's done in that Kitchen.
  • Last football game in great seats:

• Halloween is here!!!

Untitled
  • Halloween is the nº 1 reason I would have liked to be born in the US.
  • Good set up Charlie!

• Nice graveyard. and the yellow caution tape is a great touch!
  • edited October 2017
    There is actually a crime scene back there behind the caution tape.  I am going to set up flood lights and put some rubber gloves and case files.  There is a wrapped up skeleton in a tarp and a shovel...
  • Impressed with the effort!
  • Very nice effort and well presented.

Since I am now alone in the house, I just went with a single decoration
  • Every year for the past 22 years I give out full-size candy bars at Halloween (I am located in the center of my 12,000 person town, on a main road).

In years with good weather, I give out around 500, in bad weather, 300. Last year it was like a summer day and I gave out around 700.

This year, I heavily promoted it on Facebook locally, and got over 600 shares on several groups and my own page!

So I don't know what to expect, because it will be around 45 degrees out, and a little windy.

I will report back afterwards!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Nice Jay!  Bruce, I saw that facebook post - hope you stocked up...
  • David said:
    Impressed with the effort!
    We've been doing it every year for the past five.  Believe it or not, it only took about 3 hours total to get everything up.  We keep expanding every year; buying more goodies at the after Halloween sales.  Last year we got 4 for tombstone for $2 each...
  • Bruce said:
    Every year for the past 22 years I give out full-size candy bars at Halloween
    Are these includable in your Pay & Hold program? ;)

• Oh wow.  Should have taken a photo of the house around the corner here.   They go all out every year!

Good work peoples...we ran out of chocolates we were bombarded with so many people last night!  Had enough by about 7pm and stopped answering the door!

• We just closed up, at exactly 8:00 PM on the dot, and we gave out an astonishing ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED full-size candy bars! Thanks much to everyone in West Plains who came by!

Wonder if we really gave out that many for Halloween? Four hours ago this giant pile of wrappers held 1,300 full-size candy bars, and now they are all empty!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com

• For much of the first two hours, the front of our house looked just this! One person on Facebook said he never saw a "Trick or Treat line" before!

• OMG look at the queue!
  • It rained the whole evening here... No lightning but I
    couldn't turn my string lights on without the GFI tripping.  We only had about third of our usual.  The neighbor across the street said he didn't get a single kid.  Of course there is some kind of sporting event going on that all Houstonians are glued to the TV for - a bunch of regular houses were closed for business tonight.
  • I counted over 50 people in your front yard Bruce, that's amazing!
  • Wow what a turnout!  We  had to walk up and  down the street to find kids to trick or treat  at  our  house. It was first  time halloween for my  son who is 6. He  went to such an effort to dress up and decorate the house he would  have been heartbroken  if there was no trick or treaters.  Anyway we had one door knock and we trick and treated  at one house. Not much action in our area! Wish it was like the USA!
  • You should come visit during Halloween. It's really good in our neighborhood... Asha got about 2 gallons of candy, two full sized KitKats, and even got a dollar bill from one house! 
  • Jeepers Bruce!
  • Caaaaanddddyyyyy

• jayn_j said:
    Very nice effort and well presented.

Classic! =)

• Bruce said:
    For much of the first two hours, the front of our house looked just this! One person on Facebook said he never saw a "Trick or Treat line" before!

Very nice, Bruce!
  • Charlie said:
    You should come visit during Halloween. It's really good in our neighborhood... Asha got about 2 gallons of candy, two full sized KitKats, and even got a dollar bill from one house! 
    Nice haul! My daughters orthodontist has a candy buy-back program so we'll be taking most in for some cash & prizes....my 7-yr old son will need a little more convincing....he's not so sure it's a good trade.... =)
  • Bruce said:
    Every year for the past 22 years I give out full-size candy bars at Halloween....
    I bet you serve each Hershenson family member for Sunday breakfast:

• jayn_j said:
    Very nice effort and well presented.

hahaha, very good