Skip to content

Dario Casadei's Vintage Movie Art

1235»

Comments

• Matt said:
    I sent these posters 9 days ago. Australia → Canada and restored!  :-B

As the old saying goes "The D man has done it again!"
    Matt, wow, the colors really seem to "pop" after the bleaching. 

I don't know whether "pop" is the right term but the vitality and life that come back into the posters is simply amazing. 

Is this an extremely expensive process?? I suppose it is all subjective and depends on what repair work is required as well as the bleaching process.......

Cheers  ROB
  • Wow! What beautiful work by the Master!
  • I've dipped my toe back into the restoration waters after an extremely long hiatus...sent a handful off to Dario who did an awesome job.

Will post some before and afters tonight time permitting...

• Ohhhh this is exciting!!!  =)
  • Goody! 
  • Curious now...
  • Nice cap...
  • Matt said:
    Image result for waiting gif

Hahahahaha...too cute!
  • Well with all the who-ha about bad work, shocking customer service, and that which shall not be named in terms of posters going walkabouts...I was very apprehensive about sending anything anywhere.  But a girl's got to start sooner or later.  So off to Dario...within a couple weeks they were done and within a month of me getting them out to him, they were back to me.

Marvellously packed...happy to add some pieces from the most handsome restorer on the planet.  A very happy customer that will definitely be back!

Ta da...most just needed a good clean and some a few touch ups.

She's my favourite...so gorgeous in real life.  Sorry the pictures just don't do it justice!

• Very nice!
  • Great stuff, Ves!
  • They look great Ves - congrats!  
  • Niiice
  • Beautiful!
  • great stuff Ves and Dario
  • Thanks all, very happy with them and glad my first foray went without incident!

Next up will be the long ones.  Bit more challenging, but I know they will be in safe hands.

• Wow they look quite the ticket now, congrats!
  • Darios hand is a stone litho printer  :)
  • Great stuff Dario and Ves! =)
  • @theartofmovieposters , Wowzers, Genevieve came out great with a clean! 
  • Definitely think I'll be sending some Dario's way after seeing these stunning before/after shots. Maybe my Charlie Chan in Reno from the February thread should be the first candidate.