Skip to content

November 2017

Some cute ones to start the month

I have my re-issue...now I can sleep a bit better:

To add to my one sheet (granted not as nice...):

LOVE IT:

Comments

• Wow Ves, what a haul! Congrats!
  • Indeed, very nice Daybills! Really like Yearling & Postman!
  • Sweet Lana Turner!
  • One day I'll need to bite the bullet and get me a Postman daybill (although I agree the one sheet is much better)...

Great stuff Ves!
  • edited November 2017
    Very nice purchases. I find interesting the different Australian censorship presentation from the low key style on the Simmons Daybill to the bold  Offset one sheet presentation..
  • HONDO said:
    Very nice purchases. I find interesting the different Australian censorship presentation from the low key stryle on the Simmons Daybill to the bold  Offset one sheet presentation..

I know right!

For a country relatively strict about what could be shown, seems to be anything goes in terms of the actual ratings!

Sometimes it's like playing spot the classification with some posters...

• Love that Doctor J, been meaning to get one for a while.
  • Always wanted....

• Great poster Mel and a great movie to watch !
  • That is a fantastic poster!
  • TheSundanceKid strikes again! Great poster Mel, me jealous!
  • Nice Mel. 

Back with a vengeance.

And so, of all the posters you transferred to new owners, what the one you wish you hadn't/miss.
  • David said:
    Nice Mel. 

Back with a vengeance.

And so, of all the posters you transferred to new owners, what the one you wish you hadn't/miss.
    I really miss these, all of which I bought way below FMV but now too rare/expensive to replace:

But I've replaced most of my faves, see the "My Collection" albums:

https://www.facebook.com/MoviePosterCollectors/
  • This is getting scary now...
  • Yet another western, but at least this time it's an Aussie!  =)

• Well done guys, great to see some new gear.
  • Well done Wil

And Mel, 40 years...dayaaaam.
  • David said:
    Well D as you know time slows down as you approach the speed of light, so Richard Dreyfus/Roy has not aged since he boarded the mothership.

So maybe you should do us all a favor and hop aboard the Close Encounters Express for the next 40 years!  B)
  • It's my only hope.
  • Great Western, Wil! Artwork on those 50's (I'm guessing?) Westerns was sweet! And the classic "wood" title letters is a nice touch....
  • edited November 2017
    Cheers dude, it's a bit worse for wear, but definitely the end of westerns for a while! Sights are now set on Bruce's December auction for the SW 6 Sheet  B)
  • I saw that Close Encounters as a Quad which really appealed to me.  I thought about...nice posters peoples!
  • David said:
    Well D as you know time slows down as you approach the speed of light, so Richard Dreyfus/Roy has not aged since he boarded the mothership.

So maybe you should do us all a favor and hop aboard the Close Encounters Express for the next 40 years!  B)

Seeing this image reminded me of when my wife and I viewed the film at the Theatre Royal in Lithgow,in the Blue Mountains N.S.W. We lived at Lithgow for three years and I became friendly with the projectionist. There was only the two of us in stalls as we viewed the film, and we felt that we were special. We had been asked by my friend if we would like to sit downstairs or not? To explain, the stalls were no longer used and only the dress circle was provided for audiences to view films at that time. It was a once in a lifetime experience that was appreciated at the time. The cinema closed years ago and was turned into a nightclub, which is now also closed. 
  • Yeah I miss the old cinemas.  We had a couple where I grew up... One re-vamped so the charm of it is pretty much lost.

Another closed down years ago, and the Astor...which occasionally we get to go to.  Maybe when the little ones aren't so little anymore.

• My latest package in with pretty pink tape (who the hell buys that shit) and the seller made it so easy for the Chinese delivery driver to pronounce my name. (How sweet!)

• edited November 2017
    That will look nice with the other framed sci fi ! 
    Nice knife too  =)
  • Cool creature Matt!

As for me....

jayn_j said:
    All y'all are weird....

spoken by the guy who collected several $100k of posters, and then sold them all, just so he could go collect the same ones all over again :)

Umm, sold this in Round 1. Bought the Aussie 1S three months ago. Bought the int 1S tonight:

• Nice pick up Mel!