Skip to content

Traditional Horror vs. Space/Underwater films...

I think I finally figured out why I don't really like traditional horror but love space and underwater films.  It is all about confinement.  Basically general horror is illogical.  Think about it Dracula, Frankenstein, even modern day stuff... Why don't you just get up and leave!  Oh really there is a monster in the house and you decide to stay and live there with it?  The thing I really love about underwater and space movies - you can't leave!  Death at both ends.    

Comments

• It's like that classic Eddie Murphy joke about Poltergeist...why don't you just get the f&%k out!

Though to be fair with most traditional horror, it is someone going in AFTER someone they love to rescue them or find them...but I hate all horror, so you guys are on your own in this area!

• I'm the same , not a horror fan. House on Haunted Hill is the exception yet they are trapped within the mansion.
  • Must be just me then...  but I like both of what Charlie has described..

• I don't do Horror either...or Star Wars
  • I'm not a horror guy. If I could afford some of the rare, 30s classics, I'd collect them, but I like the space themes, and that Star Wars stuff.... :smile:

• I'm all in for confinement or open space horror. If there's good looking women, even better. =)
  • Right, so horror is just for the engineer and the pomme plumber; being in a confined space with a hot chick is all good for the Argy, Dataman, the Kiwi and probably the last amateur restorer we have, unless his wife finds out then he's lost in space.

Ves doesn't like it either way.

And I am unsure about Eddie Murphy

In a nutshell.
  • edited November 2017

Ta da...but excuse the language...there is lots of colourful stuff!

• Am I dataman?

Funny I would be made by Texas instruments...

Image result for dataman

....France.....oookay, I see conflict.

• Is he a new superhero or villain?

• It! The Terror From Outer Space ( 1958 ), the film that has been said to have inspired Alien ( 1979 ) being made, is a favorite of mine. I like confinement in films also, including films set of trains and ships like The Narrow Margin ( 1952 & again in 1990 ) and The Cat's Paw ( 2001 ).

• Ooops. Should have read The Cat's Meow and not The Cat's Paw as shown above.
  • Is he a new superhero or villain?

He could be...