Skip to content

Viva Las Vegas Poster

Hello everyone.  I recently obtained the attached poster and am trying to get some information on it.  I can't seem to find a similar one anywhere.  The printing in the letters is not dot matrix.  I'm trying to find out if it is original, and where it might have been advertised.  It measures about 17" x 22".

Thank you for the help!

Comments

• i can't find any original posters like this so I'd guess it is a reproduction.
  • Well, you can narrow it down fairly quickly.  First, it is in English language.  Second, the international posters had a different title (Love in Las Vegas).  That kind of narrows it to US, Australian and Canadian releases.  The size is not common.  This led me toward the US Military poster.  They are usually monochrome.  They are 27x41, but often have a wide border that I have seen trimmed in the past.

So, I searched for the military one.  A quick search shows it is different.
    http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/16121983.html (thanks, Bruce)

After all that, I am guessing either commercial or magazine page.  I guess it could be a locally printed window card, but I have trouble imagining new artwork for that.
  • It is thinner paper stock, if that helps any.  It's pretty large to be a magazine page though.  Good logic that a local print wouldn't include new artwork.
  • jayn_j said:
    Well, you can narrow it down fairly quickly.  First, it is in English language.  Second, the international posters had a different title (Love in Las Vegas).  That kind of narrows it to US, Australian and Canadian releases.  The size is not common.  This led me toward the US Military poster.  They are usually monochrome.  They are 27x41, but often have a wide border that I have seen trimmed in the past.

So, I searched for the military one.  A quick search shows it is different.
    http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/16121983.html (thanks, Bruce)

After all that, I am guessing either commercial or magazine page.  I guess it could be a locally printed window card, but I have trouble imagining new artwork for that.
    It was titled Love In Las Vegas in Australia.
  • What does this line say ? May or may not assist.

• HONDO said:

What does this line say ? May or may not assist.

Love to know what the line of printing says ?
  • Is this what you are looking for?
  • Here is another poster that I got from the same collection.  The original collector was an employee of MGM (I already purchased a large part of her great autograph collection).   Please let me know your thoughts on this one.  Thanks again.
  • Hondo/Lawrence got confused and asked to see a piece of the military 1 sheet I posted for comparison.

That last one is a fairly common design that came in a number of different poster types.  We would need to know the dimensions.  The poster design was available as 
    1 sheet (27x41).  My guess from the color of Elvis' jacketand other details would have been the 1 sheet black credit style.

Problem is the 1 sheet is 27x41" and your photo shows eyeglasses and an 8.5x11 binder.  This is too small and does not match other sizes.  I would need dimensions to rule out a trimmed window card, but this is most likely a commercial reprint, which would be of limited value to colectors.  It also appears to be laminated and that would destroy much of the remaining value.

Sorry to be so direct, but I wouldn't want to lead you on.
  • edited November 2017
    I completely missed seeing the line that mentioned Military one sheet. When I asked to see the information I was inquiring about I hadn't realised this.Thanks for all your information Jay.
  • Thanks for the info.  It was not laminated.  It is in a hard plastic protective sleeve.  It measures about 12 x 20 or something like that.  I have it at the office and can't measure it now.
  • Heritage has a nice page on common poster sizes here:
    https://movieposters.ha.com/poster-sizes.s

Yours doesn't seem to fit any of them, although a trimmed window card comes the closest.  Problem is that your poster does not look like archives of the window card.

here is the window card:

• Sorry Stoogeco but they seem to be prints
  • jayn_j said:
    Heritage has a nice page on common poster sizes here:
    https://movieposters.ha.com/poster-sizes.s
    Here is a more comprehensive page on sizes and types, with photo examples:
    https://www.emovieposter.com/faq/types/

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• It measures 11 x 17.
  • That is the common size for reprints sold by Suncoast Video and others in the 80s and early 90s.

No theater posters were made in this size.