Skip to content

It's a new year and we are making some changes!

edited January 2018 in Welcome
Happy New Year!

As we head into the new year one of our founding members David has asked to step back into a very limited role with the forum.  We have discussed this among the "Amigos" and although we are sad to see him move away from a leadership role, we understand his reasoning and wish him the best.  I doubt he will really be able to keep himself away... ;)  Matt and I will of course stay on far into our old age...

This led us to seek a new third "Amigo" and after some careful deliberation and discussing what type of member and personality is needed to remain fair and balanced, we found that one member stood out.

So as we move into the New Year, Matt and I are excited to announce that Mark aka Eisenhower has been asked to become a moderator/admin and he has agreed!

And although we know no one will ever replace David, we look forward to the future with Mark and hope all the members will welcome and support him in his new role!

Congratulations Mark! 

Comments

• Congrats Mark, I so glad you accepted this new role.

Sadly, Sex, Drugs and Rock n' Roll don't come with it.

Just Coffee, Beer, Wine and headache tablets!

• Congrats, and "Eisenhower" does indeed idolize:

• Thanks guys! I really enjoy VMPF as a fun place to talk movie posters and of course all other daily items of interest....

....as for those first mentioned items, Eisenhower has definitely moved into the latter category, so it's full speed ahead!

• Charlie said:
    Happy New Year!

we know no one will ever replace David,
    Naturally.
  • CongratulationsMark.  Good choice.
  • Happy new year! 

I think Mark will do a tremendous job in the role! Congrats! 

Congrats to David for his decision  and thanks for captaining the ship.
  • Mark. Day 1 of admin 

• Congratulations Mark. Good decision made here.
  • Congrats Mark!

• edited January 2018
  • edited January 2018
    It's simple, just like the film Logan's Run where the population and the consumption of resources are maintained in equilibrium by killing everyone who reaches the age of 30; here once members comments reach 10,000 that member is wrapped in a Top Gun Daybill and sent to poster hell - an auction site where the auctioneer has a severe stutter. So, given I am over 9,500 comments I want to avoid that.

And me telling you that has brought me one comment closer. 

Great.