Skip to content

Most Beautiful Actresses & Actors of All Time

124»

Comments

• Just found this thread and am completely flabbergasted that there is no Kate.

Beckinsale, that is...

• Sophia was a hotty back in the day!
  • Amazing what pasta can do for one's looks
  •  Spectacular at 37.
  • Happy Valentines Day!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskH8Bv83

I've added 150 or so...
  • Thank-you Charlie.  =)
  • Me thank you too, Charlie!
    Boing. Boing. Boing.
  • You are welcome!
  • I'm in love with Bettie Page. Badly.
  • Lucky for her I'm in love with her bigly
  • David said:
    Lucky for her I'm in love with her bigly
    You certainly know what's good, sir.
  • If you are on FB then this is a great group to follow @OldHollywood.net 

• David said:
    If you are on FB then this is a great group to follow @OldHollywood.net 

This is the most beautiful actress I have seen in this thread!

But seriously, I've said it before I will say it again, that man is STUNNING!

• He's got a kinda Elvis look....
  • What Ves says !  Paul Newman is just beautiful. No question about that.
  • Yep, if you're going to have a man crush on someone...
  • Ava Gardener

• Pretty sure ava liked growing and cultivating plants =)

• Audrey Hepburn on the set of Green Mansions ( 1959 ).
  • Ain't even close!

And if you've adopted 3+ international kiddos and donated $1 mill+ to charity, she's back on the market...
  • Nope...not a good looking in my books
  • Rita and Ann-Margaret!

• 40yo Jessica Chastain, recently hired to play a 26yo in Molly's Game.

• I approve of the post above...
  • Jessica posted this on her fb page for the Golden Globes and I thought she looked stunning:

Untitled
  • Quite often you read about "Hollywood tragedies", beautiful young actresses who go to Hollywood to find fame and fortune, but instead get chewed up by the business, and die young.

You also often read about beautiful young actresses who go to Hollywood to find fame and fortune, but they find that it is not for them, and they quit the business and end up living a very long life (Luise Rainer comes to mind).

But here is one unfortunate very beautiful young lady who went against both of the above stereotypes. Her name was Peggy Diggins and she was a sexy brunette actress in the 1940s (she looked a lot like Gene Tierney).

She was selected as a 1940 "Baby Star" by the Motion Picture Publicists Association, and became one of the Navy Blues Sextette (along with Kay Aldridge, Georgia Carroll, Marguerite Chapman, Leslie Brook, and Claire James) who entertained U.S. soldiers during 1941.

But she didn't like the business (she only had a few tiny parts) or the traveling and in 1942, she gave up acting to study photography and later became a photographer and war correspondent in England.

But nothing much went right for her after that. She had three quick unsuccessful marriages, and she was killed in a car crash at age 35.

If she had stayed in the business she might well have gone on to be a top actress of the 1940s (but I bet she would have changed her last name!).

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Bruce said:
    Quite often you read about "Hollywood tragedies", beautiful young actresses who go to Hollywood to find fame and fortune, but instead get chewed up by the business, and die young.

Yep, too too bad. Veronica Lake became "rock star famous" at 17yo, washed out in 6 years, declared bankruptcy, died in obscurity in her 40s. But have to focus on positive, she beat up sexual harassers, flew a plane cross-country, enjoyed insane fame for a few years....