Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Please remember this is a dealer free zone - no adverts posts by dealers please. Read the rules (under Advertising) here: http://goo.gl/Rk6IMQ or if you would like to advertise, read more here: http://goo.gl/Df4ZIB

So I consigned some stuff to Rich...

2»

Comments

• HumphreyBogartHumphreyBogart Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Interesting Charlie. I'm actually more surprised Rich hasn't commented on this thread yet..  :-O
    Reg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    I did some investigating with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) about tax implications when selling collectables. It seems if you paid over $300 (I think) for a collectable  item and then sell it, they are interested in any capital gain (or loss). I think they know that buying cheap collectables is a sure bet way to lose when it comes time to resell so they wipe their hands of those (avoiding claims for losses). It's not as if it is not worth their cost to collect as I assume it is just a different selling price you put on the computer processed tax return.

I'd say, when you buy at market value and you sell through a middleman, it is almost certain overall you will make a loss, so a loss is to be expected. Even selling it yourself on your own website you will unlikely get your money back as you need the 3rd parties marketing and reach to find the buyers. Pick the venue you think will make you the least loss. And send the Christies worthy goodies to Christies to try your luck, send daybills to EMP, send Ferris Bueller to Rich, send vintage horror to HA. The low cost stuff just send to Ari to be nice.

• HumphreyBogartHumphreyBogart Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    edited June 2014
    You can always send the high caliber daybills to me..  :>
    Reg
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,177 admin
    Interesting Charlie. I'm actually more surprised Rich hasn't commented on this thread yet..  :-O

He hasn't logged in since May 26... Maybe he has given up on us.
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    www.movieposterworks.com  | MPW on Facebook
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,160 admin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Just be thankful you purged all that modern crapola ;)
    Chris
  • RichRich Member, Dealer, Tea Lady Posts: 237 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    well first I had 3 way busy months due to having to move stuff around in my warehouse to accommodate my 3000GT twin turbo which blew a head gasket.
    Then I had auctions auctions auctions
    packing packing packing
    all that was done.. to Cinevent
    get home..
    tired tired tired
    s-l-e-e-p
    r-e-s-t
    time off!!!! (holy shit, that never happens)
    World Series of Poker - a couple days fun, get a selfie with James Woods when he sits down in my game & plays poker
    back to work
    work work work
    work work work
    work work work
    get the idea- I'm workin'!
    Rich Halegua
    Visit MoviePosterBid
    non-us posters.
    man my results on them is all over, but realistically - as can be seen by Charlie's costs, none were big money pieces, if any money pieces and even if they went for his pay prices, they still weren't any money
    at least the wife isn't bagging on him for his posters

:))
    Rich Halegua
    Visit MoviePosterBid
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,893 admin
    That selfie, James Woods looks a bit like Geoffery Rush with grey hair. 

Go to see you back Rich.
    thanks Matt.
    I'm starting to feel rested for the first time in 7-8 months.
    I need to play more poker, date more babes & rag on more dealers.

oh wait, that last task is someone else's domain.

:P
    Rich Halegua
    Visit MoviePosterBid
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,893 admin
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,160 admin
    Surely I agree, low priced items will always be hard to get a feel for, those things are bought in a whim rather than on any collectible desire I feel...

I have a lot of whims...
    8-|
    David