Skip to content

February 2018

Comments

• Wow, great one sheets Rick!
  • Nice stuff Rick!
  • Finally managed to get the camera out...

1950 - The File on Thelma Jordan

1951 - His Kind of Woman

• 1958 - Spy in the Sky

1948 - Pitfall

• Nice Chris! Pitfall is a beauty!

Ps when can I have my piece of cardboard back?  ;)
  • Sven said:
    Nice Chris! Pitfall is a beauty!

Ps when can I have my piece of cardboard back?  ;)
    Thanks Sven!

I already let the kids colour all over it hopes it will be judged a contemporary masterpiece one day :D
  • Federico Fellini's Orchestra Rehearsal (1978 US 1S SSF):

Fun and cool, a la:

• Interesting Mel!

For me 

Blood Alley 1955

finally got a package from France

My Darling Clementine 1946

• Nice Matt!

Although I hope you apologized to someone on the Blood Alley B)
  • Nice Matt!

Although I hope you apologized to someone on the Blood Alley B)

Well, we both had no idea each of us was going for it. :s
  • Hi Matt they look superb! Well done !
    I didn' know you collected John Wayne or Westerns
  • Wowzers Chris/Matt! Spy in the Sky and Blood Alley are corkers!

A nice find for myself, sadly the lobby's are a tad 'pre loved' but i always thought Adam was the best 'albeit comical' batman of them all' 

• Fantastic Will! Can' go wrong with Batman! Great colors!
  • Thanks Sven, although a bit of a clown (and a grammar policeman to young robin), you'd never see serious Batman actors like Christian Bale or Michael Keaton taking on Jaws!  ;)

• And that, kids, is the reason why you should not take acid before writing tv scripts
  • 110x75 said:
    And that, kids, is the reason why you should not take acid before writing tv scripts
     =)  Good one, Matias! They are entertaining though...
  • From the same source as the Batmans, although obviously from the 70's, nice to find some stills tucked inside  B)

• Nice Daybill & one sheet-what year are they? 70s?
    Yep, believe so mate. 
    Nice Daybill & one sheet-what year are they? 70s?
    Yep, believe so mate. 
    Yes it would have been in the 1970's. IMDB credit an Australian re-release as being on the 7th May, 1970. There were some screenings in 1970, but whether this was an offificial re-release or not is unknown. As the one sheet has a G rating classification printed on it, the poster has to have been printed post November 1971 , when G replaced For General Exhibition rating.
  • Bit of a nice garage sale find today, all a bit worse for wear, with a few trimmed, but some should clean up pretty well. 

I'll take better photographs once they've settled and flattened out a bit.

J  
  • Very nice Wil!
  • edited February 2018
    Very nice Wil!
    Thanks, I was actually there to look through the guys old vinyl and comic collection when this little roll came into view. 
  • Great posters Wil. Wilson, The Impatient Years and Charlie Chan in Reno, which is my favourite, I haven't seen before.
  • @HONDO Thanks, I also haven't seen Atlantic City before, but it looks remarkably similar to the US window card, with the addition of the lower left characters and Louis Armstrong has been given a larger credit font. 
  • @HONDO Thanks, I also haven't seen Atlantic City before, but it looks remarkably similar to the US window card, with the addition of the lower left characters and Louis Armstrong has been given a larger credit font. 
    The image of the poster that was sold in the past on EBay of Atlantic City  was also without the Australian censorship rating. It is interesting the number of Australian daybills that we only have the New Zealand versions sighted, with no sign of the original Australian censorship printed versions.
  • Great haul Will! Love reno
  • A few others within the roll, nothing spectacular, but still nice.

• edited February 2018
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Okinawa released in 1952 contains a short film clip that appears in the film showing Marilyn Monroe from her 1948 screen appearance in ''Ladies Of The Chorus'' singing '' Every Baby Needs a Da-Da- Daddy".
  • "Garage find!" Nice Daybills! 
    Wilson, Girl Who Dared & Night Stage Galveston are very cool!