Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

February 2018

13»

Comments

• EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,179 admin
    Was cleaning up & inventorying the poster room last night & found a poster I forgot I bought! Not in the best of shape, but it'll get linenbacked one day.... :)

PARIS HONEYMOON

Front doesn't look too bad....

backside-think I got my work cut out for me....

• SvenSven Member Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Happy poster Mark! Nice colors!
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,217 admin
    Sweet pickups Wil and Mark!
    Thanks. Here's the Other Company artwork that i should have bought a few years ago. I really like OC artwork!

• collectaholliccollectahollic Member Posts: 889 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    A couple of 8 x 10's were rolled with those daybills, sadly the nicest had a bit of damage to the lower right corner.

1931 Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

• rockabilly777rockabilly777 Member Posts: 268 ✭✭ One-Sheeter

Okaaaaaay, I'm gonna give a whack at posting some more pics. Let's see how it goes. This is probably a mix of January/February stuff, but I'll use these items as a starting point. Anything older will go into a "my collection" thread I'll start, and anything newer will always go in recent acquisitions.

First up, some UK fan magazines from the 20's I stumbled across on ebay. This is actually the second set of 3 I bought. The first ones are called Girl's Cinema, and I framed those. That's where these 3 are headed as well.

Okay, it looks like this is going to be the only pic (out of 16, I think) that I can post right now. It took a few tries to get this pic below my text, but I can't get any other pics underneath this one. The next one shows up at the very top of the comment box, above my text, no matter how many times I try. If I place the cursor where I want the pic to show up, then paste the pic info in the dropdown box and hit enter, nothing at all happens. If I just paste the pic info in the dropdown box and hit enter, the pic shows up at the top of the comment box every time. I'd imagine there's an easy system for this, but I'll be honked if I can figure it out. Additionally, it would seem I need to get my comments right the first time, because if I place my cursor back in the middle of what I've written to add or change something, it starts eating the text in front of it necessitating reconstruction of the remainder of the comment. I'm on a pc running windows 7, and using IE (old habits die hard). Again, I'd imagine it's easier than I'm experiencing, but I'd have hoped to have a better go of it to get me off the ground at VMPF. Thanks for any suggestions.

• CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,413 admin
    This is disappointing to hear.  I’m getting really annoyed with how so many members seem to have difficulty posting images. 

See if if this helps?

http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/discussion/2296/posting-images-v3-two-steps-to-easy#latest

That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    I rarely post from a laptop or desktop-nearly all from my iPhone. But, when you go to delete text and it eats up he previous text isn't that a setting on your keyboard? The "insert" button above the 10-key? Just thinking out loud. 

As for picture insertion, I've always had to hit the space bar or key on my phone to insert a picture after pasting it in the "picture/irl" box at top of screen. 
    Thanks for the tips, guys. I’ll take a look. Maybe I should try doing all this from my phone. Seems a tad daunting, but most everything does initially, I suppose. With regards to the “insert” key, you may very well be right. I’ve definitely been around since before, and straight through the rise of home computing, but frustratingly I’ve never been super tech savvy. I couldn’t begin to tell you what most function keys do on a keyboard. *sigh*

Okay, I'm trying the right click, copy and paste method, and it seems to be working much better than using the pic dropdown box with a copied address from wordpress. Let's see what I can get accomplished here. These are the other 2 magazines that go with the pic posted earlier. They're destined to be matted and framed like their brethren (which I'll post a pic of soon).

picture show 10-2-20

picture show 8-16-24

Like others here, I likes my 50's 3D posters, and I was able to add these to the collection this month:

arena 3D 1 sheet

wings of the hawk 3D 1 sheet

I think this one is waiting at the PO for me. I thought about the US 1 sheet for this title, but I like this "coming out of the screen" image better. I'm usually not big on post-50's 3D posters, but this one is pretty cool (and like a few VMPF'ers, I have the Prison Girls 1sheet as well).

3 dimensions of greta

I think I'll let that be it for now. Still some technical difficulties going on with posting pics. I figured out that I should post pics first and then squeeze the text in afterwards. That seemed to work ok, but when I tried to right click and add more pics, at different times I lost text and pics just by right clicking. Sometimes if I right clicked again, the missing pic would come back, sometimes not, but when stuff I had typed disappeared, I never could figure out how to make it reappear.

Great actions scenes on Wings of the Hawk! Really like it!

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    edited March 11
    Was cleaning up & inventorying the poster room last night & found a poster I forgot I bought! Not in the best of shape, but it'll get linenbacked one day.... :)

PARIS HONEYMOON

Front doesn't look too bad....

backside-think I got my work cut out for me....

How cute!  I have the aussie long daybill for this...not so blissful in the daybill it seems!

Maybe not blissful, but very nice is the artwork!