Skip to content

Who Are These Actresses Quiz ?

A   B 

C   D  

O.k. I had previously stated that I was through with running quizzes, but I have now changed my mind. The quorum activity has recently slowed down to a crawl, so I though it needed a boost, and an opportunity to have some fun and to share your knowledge here. I believe the best way to accomplish this aim is by running a quiz featuring actresses from the 1930's to present day. This first batch is easy on the eye too. See how we go, and if any of the ladies indentites prove a little hard to answer I will provide some clues later on. Love to hear from one and all.

Comments

• C is a babe!!!!
  • C looks like Rhonda Fleming, who WAS a "babe"!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• This one is tough.  I made a guess at each and all were wrong.  All are relatively obscure.
  • O.k. then - a few clues.

A ) Audrey Hepburn connection and has something in common with actress D.
    B ) James Bond connection.
    C ) Will be probably be best remembered for her many horror film roles.
    D ) Mainly played in films opposite her husband and has something in common with actress A.

All actresses featured will be well known to film buffs and in some cases non film buffs. There isn't much point in displaying images of actresses that people would recognize instantly.
  • B  Miss Moneypenny, Lois Maxwell.
  • A.  The chick from the Sabrina remake...had to look up her name Julia Ormond.
  • edited March 2018
    Matt said:
    B  Miss Moneypenny, Lois Maxwell.
    Correct Matt. Lois Maxwell played ''Miss Moneypenny'' in the first 14 James Bond films ( 1962 - 1985 ).

Lois Maxwell with Sean Connery in Dr. No ( 1962 ).                                                                

Lois with Shirley Temple in ''That Hagen Girl'' ( 1947 ).

Lois Maxwell died in Perth, Western Australia in 2007 at age 80.

• A.  The chick from the Sabrina remake...had to look up her name Julia Ormond.
    Correct Ves. The film the image is from is ''Smilla's Sense Of Snow'' ( 1997 ). Featured below is Jim Broadbent.

• Bruce said:
    C looks like Rhonda Fleming, who WAS a "babe"!
    Sorry Bruce but not Rhonda Fleming, and yes she was a ''babe''. The actress in question we need to identify is not American.

•  

A further clue to help find an answer for actress D.

• A final clue for actress C is '' horror queen''.

• C   Hazel Court
  • Matt said:
    C   Hazel Court

Correct and well done Matt. A beautiful and talented actress.

Hazel Court in The Curse of Frankenstein ( 1957 )

The Masque Of The Red Death ( 1964 )

Doctor Blood's Coffin( 1961 ) and The Man Who Could Cheat Death ( 1959 ) with Anton Diffring.

• D. Jean Wallace
  •     theartofmovieposters said:
    D. Jean Wallace
       Correct and well worked out Ves.

Clues were -  D ) Mainly played in films opposite her husband and has something in common with actress A.
    A further clue was the image of Julia Ormond above from First Knight ( 1995 ) in the role of Guinevere

Jean Wallace as Guinevere in Lancelot And Guinevere ( 1963 ).

Jean Wallace starred in a limited number of films, mainly opposite her husband Cornel Wilde in films that he also directed.

The Big Combo, Storm Fear, Jigsaw, Maracaibo, Star of India & The Devil's Hairpin are some of the films she made and notice in every one the physical contact with her co-star,  being her real life husband or not.

• edited March 2018
     F 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       G                                                                                                             H 

Batch two for you to ponder. Some famous names here so I hope it will not prove to be too difficult to find the answers.
  • E. Scarlet Johannson
  • F: Maggie Smith.
  • E. Scarlet Johannson
    Correct. Scarlet Johansson in North ( 1994 ).

jayn_j said:
    F: Maggie Smith.

Correct. Original image from Nowhere To Go ( 1958 ) showing Maggie Smith with George Nader.

Clues for the remaining unsolved two images.

G.  Associated with  a single letter role many years after the film in question to be solved was made.

H.  Started as a child actress and ended up as becoming a famous singer.

• G. Judi Dench ("M")
  • G. Judi Dench ("M")
     Correct Ves and super fast providing the answer. Judi Dench as she appeared in the 1968 released film A Midsummer Night's Dream. Another scene from the film with co-star Paul Rogers. 

• H Petula Clark

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com

• Bruce said:
    H Petula Clark

Correct with Petula Clark in a scene from the Film Track The Man Down ( 1955 ), seen here with Kent taylor. 

Good work Ves, Jay and Bruce. All four correct answers  received very quickly. It encourages me to post some more images soon.

• Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!

•  J 

L 

Batch three. A mixture I believe to be both easy and difficult. See how we go shall we.
  • I: Deborah Kerr
  • K. Naomi Watts
  • jayn_j said:
    I: Deborah Kerr
    Sorry Jay it isn't Deborah. A clue is that the actress in question was once Oscar nominated. 

K. Naomi Watts
    Correct Ves. it is Naomi Watts as she appeared in Tank Girl ( 1995 ).
  • Is I Jean Hagen?

• When I tried to confirm, image search pointed me at jean Hagen.  However, looking at the IMDB images for both actresses  seemed that Kerr was the proper match.

Looking again, I find this one, so I guess Bruce is right.  Jean Hagen in Side Street 1950
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0353405/mediaviewer/rm3071222528