Skip to content

March 2018

I'll go ahead and start the new month.  This one is in transit but I had been eyeing it for a while and finally pulled the trigger.  I am not exactly sure what it is but I am leaning towards a UK Door Panel... It is 29"x~70" and the snipe makes you think it's from a movie theater...  I'll have to work on the gum stains...

Comments

• Yeah!! John Hughes + Kelly LeBrock = home run! Nice score!
  • some new daybills and a new one-sheet that's on the way

No automatic alt text available

Image may contain 2 people people smiling

• Love the one sheet, great find Rick! 
  • Love invisible boy! 
  • Agreed! IB has a great presence, and the black scorpion is enjoyably menacing. Well done, Rick!
  • Nice Rick!
  • @Charlie- Weird Science very dramatic!

@Rick- Invisible Boy is terrific!
  • Loved weird science as a kid! Very unique and rare poster Charlie!
  • Great door panel Charlie and nice work Rick IB is sweet!
  • Here's a handful of new ones for me. The first one I've had before, but sold quite a few years back. I always liked the art. For some reason it reminds me of the early MAD Magazines. US 1 sheet for Bluebeard's 10 Honeymoons:

bluebeards 10 honeymoons 1 sheet

Next up, the reason for this purchase was twofold. I thought it would make a good companion piece for Creature With The Atom Brain, and also my geographic proximity to one of the atomic cities, Oak Ridge Tennessee (Los Alamos, New Mexico being the other, and apparently the subject of the movie). The art isn't anything to write home about, but the title is cool and the poster was cheep. US half sheet for The Atomic City:

atomic city half sheet

This purchase ended up being a tale of "shop around before you buy". I ran across this poster on ebay recently. I had it on my watch list for a couple weeks, sort of himming and hawing about whether I really "needed" it or not. It's in tough condition even for me, but I finally pulled the trigger. It has a cool title, a cool tagline, borrows at least a bit of art from the Hot Car Girl posters, and it's DAYGLO GREEN! What's not to love? Anyway, what little information there is for this poster lists it as a Canadian 1 sheet. I give you, OPERATION URANIUM!

operation uranium 1 sheet

So after BIN-ing this poster, I got back on Google to try and find out more about what it is and where it came from, mostly because I had never seen the poster and heard of the title before. So, one of the first things that comes up is a dealer's website that has a 30x40 copy for sale in much better condition, for a few bucks less than I paid for this one! Yahooie! So to round out my latest acquisitions, a (Canadian?) Operation Uranium 30x40:

operation uranium 30x40

:)

• Yeah, but it ain't a near nekkid Kelly LeBrock! Va va voom!

• Really like the Bluebeards! 
  • Gotta love Dayglo posters.
  • Not buying as much lately, but a few as I'm cropping and filing:

Sweet Country Australian One Sheet

The Shape Of Water Australian One Sheet

Suburbicon Australian One Sheet

Three Summers Australian One Sheet

The Face Behind The Mask Long Daybill

The Phantom Stockman Daybill

Bone Tomahawk QUAD - Really want the US OS if anyone in the US can help out!?!?!

• Nice pickups Ves! Three Summers is fun! And Peter Lorre looks down right young in Mask. Cool. 
  • Nicely curated, Ves! Depending on the mask, Peter Lorre might've considered leaving it on. ;) I think Guillermo del Toro needs to add his name to the SoW poster a few more times. It's just not quite clear enough that he had something to do with the film. ;) I had a peek on ebay US for Bone Tomahawk posters. There was one pretty expensive Mondo print. That's it. Sheesh.

• Thanks for looking Matt...yeah there is some signed something or other...no interest in signatures just want the poster!
    Really want to see Shape of Water, but the other half is not so keen, so looks like we wait for post cinema release!
  • Here's a handful of new ones for me. The first one I've had before, but sold quite a few years back. I always liked the art. For some reason it reminds me of the early MAD Magazines. US 1 sheet for Bluebeard's 10 Honeymoons:

bluebeards 10 honeymoons 1 sheet

Next up, the reason for this purchase was twofold. I thought it would make a good companion piece for Creature With The Atom Brain, and also my geographic proximity to one of the atomic cities, Oak Ridge Tennessee (Los Alamos, New Mexico being the other, and apparently the subject of the movie). The art isn't anything to write home about, but the title is cool and the poster was cheep. US half sheet for The Atomic City:

atomic city half sheet

This purchase ended up being a tale of "shop around before you buy". I ran across this poster on ebay recently. I had it on my watch list for a couple weeks, sort of himming and hawing about whether I really "needed" it or not. It's in tough condition even for me, but I finally pulled the trigger. It has a cool title, a cool tagline, borrows at least a bit of art from the Hot Car Girl posters, and it's DAYGLO GREEN! What's not to love? Anyway, what little information there is for this poster lists it as a Canadian 1 sheet. I give you, OPERATION URANIUM!

operation uranium 1 sheet

So after BIN-ing this poster, I got back on Google to try and find out more about what it is and where it came from, mostly because I had never seen the poster and heard of the title before. So, one of the first things that comes up is a dealer's website that has a 30x40 copy for sale in much better condition, for a few bucks less than I paid for this one! Yahooie! So to round out my latest acquisitions, a (Canadian?) Operation Uranium 30x40:

operation uranium 30x40

How I missed this I will never know!  DAYGLO and all!  Nothing like a little bit of dayglo!
    Babysitting some dayglo posters here and they are too much fun!

How odd...as I was sorting stuff out here I found an aussie one sheet for Atomic City and it is so much more uninspiring than your poster.  The coloured paints must have been locked up that day :)
  • The half sheet is pretty plain. I had a look in Bruce's archives, and it looks like the daybill has some color, but it's still kind of yawn-inspiring. The lobbies look shadowy (literally) and noir-ish. They should've based the posters on those.

• Great Lorre Ves (but you already knew that of course ;) )
  • A couple recent BIN's from the 'bay. Possibly heresy in these parts, but I confess I've never seen Fight Club. I did dig this poster, though, which was designed by Victor Moreno (or so says the listing). It mentions Mondo in the listing, but whether or not this is a Mondo poster I don't know. What I do know is that to be a card carrying member of the bad girls club on a movie poster, ya gotta be smoking. ;)

fight club marla singer mondo poster

And since I have a fondness for zee bad wimmins, this Mujeres Sin Manana Mexican lobby will do quite nicely:

mujeres sin manana mexican lobby card

• Cool Fight Club...
  • edited March 2018
  • Great parents, beautiful poster! Sounds like YOU were the lucky one!
  • I am definetly lucky to have them for sure!
  • Nice Mexican Lobby, Rock. 

Cleopatra is good variation; colors nice. 
  • Had this a while now. Might even frame it one day.

• Awesome! 3 sheets rule!
  • Nice Jaws, Mark! And in great shape.