Skip to content

March 2018

Comments

• Strange Door is great.
    I agree - do not see it all too often either
  • I meant to ask earlier but is the Genevieve the re-release one sheet Ves (like the two daybill versions)?  
  • Noir-tastic on both counts! Ella Raines has a touch of va-va-voom, and the "gentleman" looks a little more cad/neer-do-well-ish. Nicely excavated and curated. You better not be up there swapping out posters on the noir wall of fame behind our backs. We need PICTURES!!
    Thanks Rock - the Wall of Noir is staying intact as presented for the time being.  But I do plan a swapout on the other walls soon(ISH) and will certainly share :)
  • Ah, you YOU got 'Long White Cloud!!'  ;)

congrats Rick, it's a great 'Kiwi' piece. 
  • Gentleman After Dark is cool @Chris ! Donlevy is suave for sure! 
    And Ella Raines is vava-voom! In The Suspect!

As always @Rick great daybills. esp Strange Door!
  • Matt said:

Oh Ves, congrats. You came to a successful agreement with that one?

Edit: if you paid a little more...it's worth it!

Hey Matt,

I missed this one last time round.  I paid a wee bit more than I wanted, but I didn't want to end up regretting this one like I do with that friggen ROPE RR!
  • edited March 2018
    I meant to ask earlier but is the Genevieve the re-release one sheet Ves (like the two daybill versions)?  
    I was a bit concerned about this too...so BIG thanks to Lawrence for helping me out.
    Most likely original release but second printing by Colorcraft.  So is it likely there is one out there somewhere by WE Smith too.

Was in the same boat with my Million Pound Note One Sheet.  Had one by WE Smith and one turned up by Colorcraft I believe...need to double check.
  • The Overlanders Austrian (I thought it was Swedish) Poster

• edited March 2018
    Irrespective of country of origin I like The Overlanders poster a lot.
  • Awesome color! Great poster!
  • Artwork & orange is very nice!
  • As I was chatting about with Mark a day or three ago, this isn't so much a holy grail, but rather one that's been on the want list for some time, but as the saying goes, they don't turn up too often in any condition. Uni horror or classic noir it's not, but it is up my alley. Pesky Canadian censor stamp and all, a Girls Marked Danger 1 sheet:

girls marked danger 1 sheet

This is a happy ending to a story that already had a happy ending. In a very recent acquisitions post, I had bid on and won a Fingerprints Don't Lie 1 sheet, that happened to be in a lot with a couple other posters. I'm pleased and everything is groovy. The posters show up in the mail yesterday, and there's a note on the typical order/address sheet that most folks put in the package, saying "additional items enclosed - thanks!". So I open the bag that the posters are in, and among another extra half sheet and a couple lobbies included was this!

blonde bandit half sheet

This is also a poster that's been on my want list for some time (of course I'd rather have the 1 sheet), but now I have a half sheet, and it was FREEEEEEE!!!! Sometimes things just turn out swell. :)
  • Oh wow!  Now that's a package you want to get!  Congrats on crossing off two from the list....and I like those pesky stamps :)

• Good stuff Matt!
  • Nice TNT, Rock! Always good to finally get ahold of the ones your after. 

As for the freebie! Sweet! And it looks to be in very good shape. :plus_one: 
  • During March and early April, I managed to acquire the 8th and final lobby card for two classic musicals.  Singin' in the Rain and Brigadoon.  In both cases, I've been building these sets for 10-20 years, a card at a time.

The cards themselves are nothing special and there are much better cards in the set.  But it is a real rush to complete a set for a classic title, especially when the hunt was so long.
  • Congrats!! Any plans to display them as complete sets?
  • most likely in albums.  Don't have enough free wall space.
  • Cool! Hopefully the albums are accessible, so family/visitors can leaf through ‘em!
  • jayn_j said:
    During March and early April, I managed to acquire the 8th and final lobby card for two classic musicals.  Singin' in the Rain and Brigadoon.  In both cases, I've been building these sets for 10-20 years, a card at a time.

The cards themselves are nothing special and there are much better cards in the set.  But it is a real rush to complete a set for a classic title, especially when the hunt was so long.
    Congratulations Jay!  Quite an achievement...and I admire your patience over the years!
  • Thanks, Ves.
  • Like that Blonde Bandit!  congrats (especially as a throw in  :o )
  • Thanks, Chris! I did a quick google images search and didn’t see a blonde bandit daybill. Is that accurate? I did see a blonde ice daybill though.
  • Thanks, Chris! I did a quick google images search and didn’t see a blonde bandit daybill. Is that accurate? I did see a blonde ice daybill though.
    I don't believe I have seen one (if I ever do you know what I will be doing about it ;) ).  And yes the Blonde Ice daybill is a nice one but seemingly only a few copies out there...
  • Any new additions from HA today? 
  • edited April 2018

me, yesterday.  Half sheet, style B.  Never seen it before.

• Great poster for a great movie! Congratulations! 
  • Great pickup Jay.
  • Real nice, well done!