Skip to content

April 2018

I almost stuck these in the March thread, but it is indeed April, so a new thread is in order. It's tough to follow those last entries, but here are the 2 latest for me:

Phantom of the Rue Morgue 3D insert, to add to the 50's 3D poster collection:

phantom of the rue morgue 3D insert

And since I'm yet to find a poster for this title in my budget, I found an inexpensive pressbook that will do nicely for now:

roadhouse girl pressbook

:)

Comments

• Nice Rock! Phantom is action-packed, and Roadhouse Girl, is well, bad....
  • edited April 2018
    Won this "tarnished beauty" Sunday. Definitely headed for restoration to restore its 5 Star charm  B)

Style D rare "red dress" variant:

• Great start to April fellas!
  • Bad girls and space stuff - yahoo!!
  • Really nice one sheets, Mel!
  • Love the Rue  Morgue Matt...

Beautiful posters Mel.  
  • Rue Morgue is sweet and lovely Lana Mel!
  • I'm baaaaaaack! It's hard to keep a good poster buyer down! (I'm not an addict! I can quit anytime I want!) Success was mine on the BIN. Blonde Dynamite 1 sheet. It's got so-so art, but a good title and it'll go well with the collection o' chicks. :)

blonde dynamite 1 sheet

And another inexpensive BIN. It's kinda like having a double feature poster that never existed. Juvenile Jungle/Young and Wild pressbook:

juvenile jungle - young and wild pressbook

They look pretty decent framed. Here's one I have for Dragstrip Riot/Cool and Crazy:
    dragstrip riot - cool and crazy pressbook framed

:)

• edited April 2018
    Well done Matt you got it!
    Like the pressbook framed! Do you know how the pressbook is held in place within the frame? 
  • Thanks! Yeah, definitely not museum quality framing, but I just used small pieces of archival tape on the corners. Just enough to hold it in place. In the case of Juvenile Jungle/Young and Wild, I have posters for both of those, but the other pressbook is a good example of being able to have paper for titles that elusively stay outside the poster budget. :)
  • Nice Rock! Blonde Dynamite is very nice, but that Dragstrip Riot is classic!!! Would love to get the 1S one of these days! And great framing! :rock_on:
  • Ok. I've been trying to stay on the wagon lately and since I didn't really see anything I liked in the recent HA Sig auction, I picked up my first Chester Morris! He's got a great tough-guy face! 

Alias Boston Blackie 

Ir's obviously in need of some conservation & resto, but it'll be a nice challenge-love the artwork & colors!
  • How many projects you got on the go Mark?
  • Awesome Blackie! You're right about the colors and artwork. Man, it pops! Love the girls in skirts! 
  • I'e always liked your taste in posters Mark and Blackie is no exception!  :)
  • The pressbooks are great!  Great idea!

And I can just see Boston Blackie looking all gorgeous!
  • Matt said:
    How many projects you got on the go Mark?
    5 right now. 
    -Sound of Music 1S
    -Lover Come Back 1S
    -West Side Story 1S
    -Wrong Man HS
    -The Paleface 1S
    The last three needing the most resto; infill, major pencil coloring, and some minor border airbrushing. 
    -Hoping to finish Sound of Music this weekend; then onto West Side Story, then Paleface. 
  • That's great a Mark you're a busy boy!
  • Title Lobby Cards

1950 - Hunt the Man Down

1938 - Smashing the Rackets

• 1953 - The Blue Gardenia

1950 - Prowl Car aka Between Midnight and Dawn

1955 - Track the Man Down

• 1953 - Man in the Dark

1950 - Backfire

1950 - Armored Car Robbery

• Half Sheets

1948 - The Hunted

1948 - The Hunted

1949 - Tension

• 1953 - The Hitch-Hiker

1947 - Smash-Up aka A Woman Destroyed

• Gorgeous.  So are we going for 4 sets of noir collections?  Daybill, insert, half sheets and one sheets?
  • Nice Chris!
  • edited April 2018
    Gorgeous.  So are we going for 4 sets of noir collections?  Daybill, insert, half sheets and one sheets?
    IF pesky daybills could be found for some titles I wouldn't have to cheat and resort to other formats!  ;)

Otherwise I am an equal opportunist noir lover =)

Shockingly I actually found the Smash-Up here in Canada...that NEVER happens
  • Charlie said:
    Nice Chris!
    Thanks Charlie
  • Lovely paper Chris that nourishes the noir soul :) Love them all but really drawn to Hitchhiker!

I picked up this Day the Earth Stood Still R60s French Grande

An impulse buy never hurt anyone!

• Impressive noir posters Chris, and this along with the great The Day The Earth Stood Still poster Sven, you boys deserve congratulations for a well done job. 
  • More niceness, luv it guys. Inspires me to get off my arse to get some.