Skip to content

April 2018

Comments

• More than a Miracle Australian one sheet

For 10 bucks, I couldn't say no!

• Good work!  Now you're back into the swing of it, can't see what else you pick up.
  • Good work!  Now you're back into the swing of it, can't see what else you pick up.

Thanks Ves, it's been too long for me to be out of the game.
  • Lovely Matt! Welcome back to the game!
  • Wow!  Never seen that one... Nice Matt.
  • Thanks Sven.

@ Charlie. I walked away from the poster for 2 seconds. Then I thought Matias would kill me if I didn't buy it.

And the process of thought had nothing to do with boobies and the lack of Sarli in the Antique store.

Cough....

It was 10 bucks.....And Sophia...she speaks for herself.

• Nice artwork, Matt!
  • Agree Matt, Sophia looks absolutely stunning!
  • Sophia + cleavage =  woo hoo!! Well done!
  • A quickie and nicely priced BIN from last night for me. Not super surprisingly, more of zee bad wimmins:

girls in prison 1 sheet
    :):)
  • Lotsa action in that one Rock! Is that 1950s?
  • IMDB says 1956. At the time, it was a double feature with Hot Rod Girl. I briefly looked on LAMP this morning to see who the artist was, but I couldn’t find anything. It doesn’t look Reynold Brown-ish, and I’m not familiar enough with Albert Kallis’ style to guess if it was him or not.
  • Matt said:

Thanks Sven.

@ Charlie. I walked away from the poster for 2 seconds. Then I thought Matias would kill me if I didn't buy it.

And the process of thought had nothing to do with boobies and the lack of Sarli in the Antique store.

Cough....

It was 10 bucks.....And Sophia...she speaks for herself.

I like the way you think..

• Ice Cold In Alex is scheduled to be screened on Fox Classics on Foxtel in Australia on May 20. It will be hard going, but I will take on the task of checking how much Sylvia Syms appears in the film.
  • HONDO said:
    Ice Cold In Alex is scheduled to be screened on Fox Classics on Foxtel in Australia on May 20. It will be hard going, but I will take on the task of checking how much Sylvia Syms appears in the film.
    As tasks go, this one sounds pretty joyful!
  • Nice Rock...AND I just noticed the link under your signature.   LOVE IT!
  • HONDO said:
    Ice Cold In Alex is scheduled to be screened on Fox Classics on Foxtel in Australia on May 20. It will be hard going, but I will take on the task of checking how much Sylvia Syms appears in the film.
    As tasks go, this one sounds pretty joyful!
    Just discovered that before the screening on May 20 of Ice Cold In Alex there happened to have been a showing today on Fox Classics of Ice Cold In Alex. I recorded it and then checked out the scene in question and I am here to report that the duration of the scene runs only for a minute or so towards the end of the film and is uncut and as tame as you will see anywhere. None or the various images of female exposure displayed previously appear in the film in any shape or  form. As the British censor directed Sylvia Syms's  shirt has one only one button undone, is very discreet and at no time does the shirt drop down off her shoulder and no cleavage is seen whatsoever.  The two stills material used should have been replaced with the final re-shot scene that was used in the film. A classic case of false advertising. A  very good film by the way.
  • A little something different for me, but still exploitation-y stuff. A promotional booklet (seller says from 1928) for The Pace That Kills (these are pics from the listing):

the pace that kills booklet

the pace that kills booklet 4

the pace that kills booklet 3

the pace that kills booklet 5

the pace that kills booklet 2

:)

• Freakin awesome Rock!
  • Love the cover art especially Rock.  Whatcha gonna do with it?  Gonna find a way to put it up or just keep as part of your collection?
  • I apologize to you guys because I have been really tardy on taking pictures and posting stuff.  I bet I am 50+ posters behind...

Here are a few that managed to end up on my phone.

Cleopatra Photobustas (2)

Untitled

Untitled

Lady Bird US OS DS (I also picked up the 2nd US version, UK Quad and UK OS but didn't take pictures)

Untitled

Ivanhoe US OS

Untitled

War Wagon US OS
    Untitled

Reflections in a Golden Eye Insert  (I bought a Guns of Navarone insert too at some point)
    Untitled

Stage Fright and Paris When it Sizzles Belgians
    Untitled

This is an interesting Nixon campaign poster.  I originally thought it was an anti-Nixon poster but it might be an uber Pro Nixon campaign poster... 
    Untitled

Anita Ekberg Leggy Still

Untitled
  • Nice posters.  Belgians are always so pretty.  Love the Nixon poster too.
  • Taylor and Ekberg - va va voom! Nice spectrum of stuff, Charlie! I'm always a sucker for Belgians.

I'm not sure how big the Pace booklet is, but I'll keep it intact and find a way to frame it. I'm pretty thin on early exploitaton, dangitall. ;)
  • You could frame the front and back, with the booklet flat at the middle (though not sure what kind of pressure that will put on its spine)
    Love the special notice and the screening information on the back too!
  • Love the Nixon one Charlie. I'd frame and hang it just to piss passersby off. =)
  • Cleopatra's are really nice!
  • Charlie, that Paris with Audrey Belgian rocks. I want one you bastid!
  • Yes, I know it's May 1st, but this was an April purchase, so I'll put it here. As always, sorry for the crappy seller's pic. The Go Getter window card (trimmed):

go getter window card

:)
  • That is lovely Rock!
  • I think Rock has a collecting problem. What do you think Ves. Should we tell him?