Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Television Episodes Shown Theatrically In Australia Posters

HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

A preview of things to come.
Lawrence

Comments

• CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 852 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Need to get me an Overnight Haul at some point.  Thanks for reminding me!
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 800 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    edited April 28
    I sure hope this thread will include images of the daybills from all five of the Superman compilations, like this one. I have only ever seen two of the five different ones), and they are super rare!

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Excellent, I'll take my seat and start munching on the popcorn and take in the thread
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    edited April 29

For Bruce and others the daybill images of the only four titles released theatrically in Australia.

Superman And Scotland Yard ( released in Australia in 1954 ).
    Superman Flies Again ( released in Australia in 1955 ).
    Superman In Exile ( released in Australia in 1956 ). 
    Superman's Peril ( released in Australia in 1957 ). 

Some additional information is that an Australian one sheet of Superman's Peril appeared in the Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace movie poster auction in 1995. Apart from me sighting a very small and dark image in the catalogue, I have, to the best of my knowledge, never seen an image of the one sheet for this title, or any other one sheet images of the other three Superman titles listed above.

Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 800 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    What about this? Sadly, I can't find the image at present, but it seems I surely did auction this, so could your information be wrong, and this fifth title WAS released in Australia? Of course, it could be a stock poster or a re-release.

One day I will find the image. But maybe instead I can look up who bought it.

Unless someone else here has it!

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/10953262.html

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

My apologies Bruce as there was a fifth Superman film released in Australia titled Superman And The Jungle Devil. I wouldn't have thought the film would have been released as late as it apparently was in Australia. I have almost all the Sydney release information from the 1950's, but unfortunately I don't have the information for the July 1 1958 to June 30 1959 releases. It would appear Superman And The Jungle Devil was released in Sydney sometime during this period. I have now managed to find that the film was shown in December 1960 at a Sydney suburban theatre and also in Canberra ACT  in January 1961. No daybill located but hopefully you will one day find your 2000 sold image to share with us. To make amends for missing this title, and through some further digging on my part, I have come up with this one sheet image from Worthpoint that I did't know existed. Interestingly it says there are three in total.

Lawrence
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 490 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    There was a Scotland Yard one sheet floating around on ebay for a while. Was rough shape.
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    What about the edgar wallace mysteries?  Do those ones count?
     Sorry Ves but  the 47 Edgar Wallace adapted film series, that were made by Merton Park Studios for release by Anglo Amalgamated in the U.K. and were originally made for theatrical release as second features. They were released theatrically in the U.K. between 1960-1965. They were only later shown on U.K. television under the Tales Of Edgar Wallace banner. In the U.S.A. they were shown first release in a package titled The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre. 

Lawrence

Next The 20th Century Hour. Remakes of older well known 20th Century Fox films, with some retaining the original titles as the above pictured Laura shows, but many also with new titles. I will cover all the titles from this series that I am aware of that received theatrical releases in Australia.I will include daybill images for the majority and newspaper advertisements where the daybill image is unavailable. Coming soon to the screen in front of you.

Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    HONDO said:
     Sorry Ves but  the 47 Edgar Wallace adapted film series, that were made by Merton Park Studios for release by Anglo Amalgamated in the U.K. and were originally made for theatrical release as second features. They were released theatrically in the U.K. between 1960-1965. They were only later shown on U.K. television under the Tales Of Edgar Wallace banner. In the U.S.A. they were shown first release in a package titled The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre. 

Thanks as always for the info Lawrence :)
  • PanchoPancho Member Posts: 565 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I think this counts - was a pilot for a TV show:

Image result for baffled daybill
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 490 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 852 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Superman and the Jungle Devil daybill:

-Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,853 admin