Skip to content

Daily Face Off_ Stalag 17 - Pacific Vs Objective Burma - European

Since Bruce is a stick in the mud, we'll just have to bring it back ourselves.

Comments

• Are we just voting for the film we prefer or the film with the posters we prefer?
  • edited June 2018

Good question. That's what each member can talk about in each thread. Why they chose the film either based on the film or the poster or both.

Makes the decision a little harder.

• Ok...in that case I vote Burma because it has nice, typically minimalist mid-40s Warner Bros artwork =)
  • Well I never seen Burma but have and like the poster and Stalag 17 had a good story. Also I like the original and RR posters which doesn't happen that often. So that tipped me to Stalag 17.
  • Pretty much what Matt said!
  • Thanks Ves.

So to give you guys and girls an update we're going to do a poll similar to EMP but based on our suggestions. So the theme is this month is WW2 Pacific  v European films that Mark suggested a couple of years ago.

We'll refine that and ask for suggestions and come up with something that will (probably will piss down Bruce's back ((but we don't care))

Genres, actors, themes. Then maybe have a Face Off of the lot. Shit this could get complicated.

We better get the Game Master involved.

CHARLIE........

• I was super impressed by this French Med Stalag 17. 

• One every day is quite a task... Maybe once a week?  
  • I think make it poster based, same film genre run it for a week. I agree with Charlie, daily is going to be tough to spit out every.single.day.

Maybe each week a different country of origin for posters.
  • What do you do if the poster is crap but you absolutely love the film? Vote for the other poster which great but you don't like the film?

• Doing one every week is pretty hard, especially when not enough people even take a second to vote. :(

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com